March 3, 2015

Happy Girl's Day!!!

Happy Girl's Day in Hawaii-nei!!  As I've mentioned yesterday, Girl's Day is actually a Japanese culture celebration.  We celebrate here in Hawaii because there is a huge community of the Japanese people here.  We are all grafted into this little state, filled with all kinds of different nationalities, and we are all just very blessed to be able to have a diverse mixture, allowing us to learn about each, as well as eat a diverse mix of food.  :)

Anyways, here is a Girls Day project I worked on... This project is a pillow box with a handle, like a purse almost.  I got this SVG cut from Flurettes Bloom.  The image is a stamp from Create in Me.  I colored her with my Copics and handcut her.  I will probably create an SVG cut to go around that image, so it is easily cut out for me.

I filled the pillow box with one of my favorite Japanese candies.  At first, we couldn't get this candy anywhere but Shirokiya's.  Now, I think you can get it at any Long's Drugs store (now owned by CVS). This candy has a milky filling... so YUMMERZ!
Well, thanks for popping in.  I hope you have a marvelous Girls Day wherever you are!!!  You are blessed and made in the image of GOD.  Rejoice and be glad in it!!!! OX, Jen

"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." ~1 Cor 13:13~