November 18, 2014

Hau'oli La Hanau is Happy Birthday in Hawaiian

Hey there.... couple of weeks ago, I reconnected with my dear Christian sister, friend, and artist, Julie Fujii through Facebook.  I was so stoked to reconnect with her, because it has been at least 3 or 4 years since we last communicated. God is good.  After a brief break of selling her stamps, she is back at it again, and now selling acrylic stamps, and if you used to use her rubber stamps, you will LOVE her acrylic ones.  I love that they are acrylic, because I can see right through them and know exactly where I am stamping them.  Anyways, after reconnecting with Julie, she sent me some of her stamps to "try out". The name of her company is "Create in Me", of which she not only sells these images as acrylic stamps, but also sells a bunch of cute merchandise.  I was so blessed to receive these, wanted to work on one of them right away, as I knew that I wanted to make a birthday card for a "keiki" or child.  So I used the little "Hawaiian Girl" stamp.  I colored her with my Copic Sketch Markers, and that was pretty much it.  I then used the Triple Layer Birthday Cake from Miss Kate Cuttables, and cut n' pieced them together.  The sentiment which reads "Hau'oli La Hanau" is Hawaiian for "Happy Birthday", is a stamp from Island Paperie, which I got while visiting Maui last year.  :) The embossed diagonal stripes is a Stampin' Up! embossing folder. This card is sized at 5-1/2" x 5-1/2".  I also used some sticklez to add pizazz to the cake. 


I had a lot of fun creating with this stamp.  The image is very clear n' her lines are precise and thin!!  I love it!!  Sometimes, the outline of a stamped image is thick, but Julie's image is so clear n' crisp!!  Thank U, Julie for allowing me to test these out.  I thank God for the friendship that we have together, and bringing us back together again.  Looking forward in creating with the other stamps!!  I'll post with them here shortly.

As usual, I am submitting my card to the following fun challenges:

Well, thank you for spending a part of your day here with me.  It's already, Wednesday! So have a blessed HUMP day and rest all of your worries upon the Lord.  He is with you!!  Call out to HIM in all your troubles and in all your praise!!!  KNOW that HE loves you and HE provides for all of your NEEDS.

Blessings in Christ,
Jen



"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." ~1 Cor 13:13~