August 21, 2014

This Day Has Come...

The day has finally arrived... I wasn't looking forward to it, nor was I dreading it... I just knew that I had to face it, when the day comes.  Today was the day... My eldest of sons, left for college today.  Leaving this island, and heading to the mainland. I am excited for what the Lord has planned for him, but yet, I am sad that he is no longer in the house.  I know that I gotta let him go, and let him open his wings. Just didn't think it was gonna come so soon. We got up early this morning, and dropped off my hubby n' son to the airport. It sucks how airports are now a days, where we can't go pass the security gate if we don't have a boarding pass.  It used to be that way, and we used to be able to stay with them til' they boarded the plane.  But everything has changed since 9/11.  That sucks.  But, we make the best of it. We hugged several times.... and hugged again... tears of sadness and tears of joy... I'm truly blessed to have a son that is excited about going to college.  I pray that the Lord will use him mightly, and that HE will continue to guide my son's path.  Here is a picture of the 3 of us at the airport.... I was crying and so was his little brother.  The hardest part was seeing my baby boy cry while hugging his big brother... that just broke me into tears.  Such a sweet sweet moment....



On another sad note, I didn't make the Tiddly Inks Design Team.  Boooo Hooooo!!!  LOL... nah, actually, it's a blessing in disguise.  I think it's best that I not get committed to one company other than the ones I am on now.  Working with the Doodle Pantry and Little C's Digis should be more than enough on my plate.  Plus, this allows me to still play with other images from other companies!!!  So, rejoice in the Lord always!!  Thank You, Lord, for answering the prayer that I needed, because you already know what is good for me.  :)

Now to share my little crafty creation.....  I've created this card using the Little C's Digi August Release image called "Bunnie Cone Treat".  It's too cute!!!  Looks so yummy n' cute at the same time!!  Loved working with these images. If you are interested in seeing more images, and what was in the release, please check out the Little C's Digi blog and it'll direct you to the shop!!


Here are the details of this card:

  • Image: Little C's Digis - Bunnie Cone Treat
  • Sentiment: Little C's Digis - Sweet Kindness
  • Colored with Copic Sketch Markers
  • DSP from my stash of papers
  • Pink n' White Twine: Doodle Bug
  • Edge Punch, Die Cut Banner and Punch used on sentiment: Stampin' Up!
I am submitting this card to the following fun challenges out there:
Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek!!  I hope you have some time to check out the new Little C's Digis store, and see if there is something you might find fun to play with there.  God Bless!!!

Hugs,
Jen



  "And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." ~1 Cor 13:13~  
Buy My Projects