July 29, 2014

Baby Cards Using Deconstructed Sketch #161

Hello Friends.... sorry for the missing in action on my part, again.  Last week, our church hosted our VBS a.k.a Vacation Bible School.  It's like a week long camp thingy for the kids.  It's only about 3 hours long per day, but as volunteers, you gotta be there a little earlier, and possibly stay a little later.  I was serving as athe photographer for the week, and also helping in the media department.  I love doing that stuff.  The Lord opened doors for me to be blessed in this area, and allowed my lil' one to enjoy himself at the same time.  I'm working on some digi pages to print for our church, so I will post pics then.

I received an order for a baby shower card for a girl.  I wanted to make something cute... baby shower + girl always brings the word "CUTE" to my mind.  I already had a stamp I had in mind to use, sucks that it's already retired from Stampin' Up!, but I still wanted to use it anyways.  I always needed a sketch to follow.  Sometimes, I go BLANK when I'm in the need to create something right away (it's due by this Friday).  So I went searching on Paper Playful, and found an awesome sketch on the Thursday Challenge list.  The sketch comes from Deconstructed Sketch blog - sketch #161, here it is:

Deconstructed Sketch 161
I created 4 cards using this sketch.  I gave one of the cards to my friend who ordered it, and the other 3 went to my online project store.  (That is another reason why I have been missing in action from my blog here - been working on this online store for my projects!! If you are interested in checking out this site, click on the "Buy My Projects" button located at the top sidebar of this blog.)  :)

So here are the girl cards....




For the boy cards, I followed this color combo challenge from Moving Along with the Times:


summer brights

And here are how the boys cards turned out....





Here are all cards together.

Card Details:
  • Image, Sentiment, Cardstock, Buttons: Stampin' Up!
  • Card Size: 4-1/4" x 5-1/2"
  • Cardstock: Stampin' Up!
  • Circle Scallop and Circle Die Cuts: Spellbinder
I am also submitting these cards to the following fun challenges:
Thank you for taking the time to stop by!!!  Blessings to U!!! 

Aloha, Jen

"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." ~1 Cor 13:13~