June 29, 2014

Graduation....

Graduation is such a HUGE thing in Hawaii.  Families here go over board in celebrating, because it is just an awesome time to celebrate the accomplishments that our children have done.  Some people think we are "too much" when it comes to celebrating... LOL!!!  I will let you be the judge of that.  My son graduated 3 weeks ago now, and we were so blessed by all the family and friends that came out to celebrate with us.  Here in Hawaii, we LOVE to give leis... for any occasion.  But especially for graduation.  All kine leis... flower leis, candy leis, money leis, snack leis, ribbon leis... and people come up with many many more.  So much talented people in Hawaii, and combined with their love n' aloha, a lei from the heart can be whipped up any time.  :)  The stores sell a lot of leis too... some are cheap, some expensive.  The best ones are the handmade ones.  I love seeing what everyone ends up creating and how their lei's turned out.  My son received an over whelming abundance of leis, so did his classmates, we could hardly even see their faces!!!



What a blessing though.  After graduation, I gathered all the handmade/ribbon leis and took pictures of them next to each other.  So pretty to see them all lined up....







I created a banner and 2 posters for him as well.  His school only had 6 graduates, but there were a lot of people, and it was nice to see posters of him being held up high to state where he and his family were standing.

Here he is with his uncle, and the banner and one of the posters... my friend from Anderson Signs helped me print these out.  She's located in Waipahu.



Here he is almost completely covered with leis, and the 2 posters showing... :)


As you can see... it has been crazy and busy, but fun!!! My son is thrilled to be done with high school.  Who wasn't??  He is looking forward to the next chapter in his life, which is to attend college. Please continue to keep him in your prayers.

For those of you that have never experienced a Hawaii graduation, I pray that you found some enjoyment through these pictures I have shared here. Like I mentioned earlier... we go over board!! 

God Bless!!

Click here for more graphics and gifs!
"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." ~1 Cor 13:13~