January 10, 2014

Pics from my walk 1-9-14 & Grunge Acrylic Paint Class

I went walking in the town of Wahiawa yesterday.  Had my buddie Ali with me... we did an almost 3 mile walk... almost!!







Wild Chicken....





Lavendar...
 

I would've missed this flower, it was so close to the ground... but the Lord is teaching me to LOOK and SEE ALL HIS BLESSINGS!!!!
 

Reminded me of the clock in the movie "Back to the Future".
 
 Wahiawa Fire Station... Beautiful
 
GIANT Rainbow... it was SO CLOSE!!! Lucky we live Hawaii.... we are THAT much closer to rainbows... LOL!! Kidding, but what a BEAUTIFUL reminder of God's promise!!! Who KNOWS what I'm talking about????
 

Tonto!!
 

I then attended Ali's class, an Acrylic Grunge Mix Media Class... here are the steps we took to create this project:

These are cardboard sides of cereal boxes... we layered them on one side with a coating of Gesso. For my smelling fanatic crafters, sorry, this doesn't have too much of a scent.... yes, shucks!


Step 2: Ali had me draw circles, and then magically turned these circles into a body part of a bird/owl....

 

Step 3: This was my finished product when I left Ali's class. Used DSP for the head and wing... I thought I was PAU. but she said I have to soften the background and blend in. I took it home... and sat on it for a while.
 

And when I was done... here is my completed project:
 
Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek.  I pray that you are having a blessed day and that your weekend will be a funfilled one as well.  God Bless U!!!     
 
Blessings ~
Click here for more graphics and gifs!
"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." ~1 Cor 13:13~