January 21, 2014

Heart on Fire Plaque

Aloha Gang....

How was your weekend??  Most people have enjoyed a 3 day weekend, and I have got to say that I was blessed to be able to have these 3 days with my lil' guy.  My oldest son was on the island of Moloka'i this weekend, for a mission trip.  It's his 1st mission trip, and I know that he has been blessed by serving others, and spending time with the Lord.  I haven't had much contact with him, since the cellular signal on Moloka'i' isn't all that strong.  But he was sweet enough to text me a short message every night.  My hubby is away on business trip, in New York City!!! Yesterday morning, I was blessed to take a "virtual walk" with him through Central Park.  We prayed, talked stories, and just spent a beautiful time together. Bottom left photo shows me following him on using the 'Find My iPhone' app, and I was talking to him on my land line. You can see how on my phone it shows the exact location, and the image that he took of where he was standing.  I thought that was super cool!!!  Thank U, Lord for allowing us to be together even when were miles apart!


And now for sharing my creative project...  I've created this beautiful plaque to hang on my wall... The digital image of the Heart on Fire is from Doodle Pantry.  This set is from the recent January release, so don't forget to stop by and check out all the cool sets that Laurie came out with.  U will OH SO LOVE!!!!!  I colored this image with Acrylic Paints. I first covered the plaque with metallic acrylic paints. Cut out the image by hand, and then adhered the image to the plaque using Modge Podge.  After the MP dried, I then started to paint my image.  The sentiment is computer generated, and is the verse of a song sung by a Christian band called Jesus Culture.  The song is called "All Consuming Fire".  In the Holy Bible, found in Matthew chapter 3, verse 11, John is speaking and says,
"I baptize you with water for repentance, but he who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire." This "fire" that John speaks of reminds me of that burning desire to want to seek the Lord, and learn HIS ways. The desire to love upon others without casting stones. To seek more of HIS truth more than anything else. To be in HIS comfort and peace!!  My heart is on fire for Jesus Christ, and I love HIM, oh so very much!!!! 



The acrylic paints I used were Yellow, Red and Orange.  I used Gesso to make the white highlights, and Metallic Blue to paint the aura around the fire.  Loved how this turned out.  Now to find a place for it.  :) 

Thanking your for spending some time with me today.  I pray that your day is a blessed one.
ALOHA!!!!


Blessings ~
Click here for more graphics and gifs!
"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." ~1 Cor 13:13~