September 9, 2013

My 1st Flip-Flop Card Created With Metal Die Cuts

Aloha and Happy Monday, Crafty Peeps!!! Hope you had a wonderful weekend, just as I did!! My oldest son CY4 is on the volleyball team at his school, so that is what we mostly did this weekend. Game on Friday, then game on Saturday. It was so much fun rooting on the team and yelling out "GO!" "GET IT!" "SAVE!!" "HELP!!!" "CALL IT OUT!!!" LOL!! Brings back memories of my Summer Fun days when I did play volleyball as a young kid. Gone are those days forever. I can yell it from where I'm sitting, but if I were in their position, I'd probably play horrible. But what a fun time we all had.

Well, today I have a "Flip-Flop" card to share with you.  I don't have any "flip flop" dies, but I do have die cuts that I know can be used to create flip flop cards.   So I went on a search through Google.  And the link to a video came up, and I just chose the one that I found easy to follow, which was created by Cristy Butzen of www.tinkerwithink.com.  Here is the link to her video.  And here is my card that I created watching her tutorial.


As you know, I am currently in the Christmas card creating mood.  Just gonna continue to make some Christmas cards here and there.  When surgery day comes, I really don't know what my status will be like.  If I am limited to coloring or if I am off limits to any creativity.  So wanna get as much cards done, even though I'm not one who normally creates Christmas cards to give out.  :) 

The set I used for this card is the "Pennant Parade" set, which goes well with the Pennant Punch.  One of the images could look great as a Christmas tree, when is it placed upside-down.  So that is exactly what I did.  The die cut set that I used is called "Framelits: Labels Collection".  The card mostly consists of a lot of cutting of this die cut.  The cardstocks that I used were Real Red, Certainly Celery and Whisper White.  The DSP is from the current Holiday Catalog, and is called "Season of Style". 

The thing that I love about this type of card is that it is an action card.  Something that is in motion!!  I love that kinda card.  Makes it so fun to look at, and it's receiver (if not a crafter) is always AMAZED at how "crafty" one can be when they see that it is handmade.  "What???  U made this???... NOT, NO CAN!!!"  Lol!!!  Love the reaction I get outtah my non-crafty family/friends, don't you??  I do however want to make sure that they don't throw it away. So I'll say something like, "No trash now, took me long fo' make" (This is how the locals here talk - which is called "pidgin").  Maybe because it sounds so strange, it can't be made out... so they just called it "pidgin talk".  LOL!!!  Funny!!!! 



Well, here is the photo of the card on the flip side.  Oh!  I forgot that I added a button to the bottom of that layer.  It goes so very well there, doesn't it?? 

Well, I am having a lot of fun creating and posting again.  Hoping that it can be part of my day like back in the day!!! 

Thank You for visiting and spending a part of your day with me.  Gotta go wake the kids up and get them ready for school.  I pray that you who are reading this will have a blessed day and a blessed week, and that you ask Jesus to walk closer with you than He ever has before!! 




With Love,
Click here for more graphics and gifs!
"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." ~1 Cor 13:13~