September 12, 2013

Flip-Flop Card With Extension Using Thin Die Cuts

Greetings, Friends!!!  Earlier this week, I've posted my 1st "Flip-Flop" card, and a fellow blogging sister, Lori of Lorianna's Corner emailed me asking if I had any ideas of possibly creating the 3-panel Extended Flip-Flop card that she has been seeing other Stampin' Up! demonstrators creating.  She saw a card like this over at Sandi's blog, which Sandi's shares a video here of how she created this type of card with the Stampin' Up! thinlits die cut.  I thought it would be a fun challenge for myself. 

Thus using the same method of how the die cut part worked, I simply extended the length of my card.  I started off with a 4-1/4" x 11" cardstock. Then scored at 2-1/4", 3" and 7".  I then cut my DSP's starting with the 1st panel on the left to right: 2", 1/2", 3-3/4", 3-3/4" and another DSP at 3-3/4" for the Back of the card, which you will see in the next photo.    I also adhered my DSP's on to my cardstock prior to cutting the "Flip-Flop" part out.  Next time I create a card like this, I will try cutting the cardstock prior to adhering the DSP, just to see which is better to do.  Doing it this way was a little harder for me to crank the handle on my Big Shot.  But at least I didn't have to cut the pieces individually 3 times.

So here is my cardstock with all my DSP's in place.  I am using all Stampin' Up! products.  The Stamp set I am using shown in this photo is "Merry Little Christmas", DSP is called "Seasons of Style".

 I flipped it over, and adhered the last 3-3/4" DSP piece of the 1st left panel of my cardstock (after being flipped over).


So here is a peek at what my card looks like prior to using a die cut to add the flop flop.  You can see the back panel also has a DSP adhered to it.

I then went ahead and cut my piece using the die cut from Framelits "Chalk Talk".  My card is now complete!!  The Stamp of Santa shown in this photo is from the stamp set called "Tag It".


Now here is the card fully closed with the extended panel.  I didn't really add anything to the front, as I wanted to keep this simple, and complete this card quickly to share!  :)


And here it is when it opens up.  The presents image is from the stamp set called, "Wishing You".  I colored both of these images with my Stampin' Up! marker - directly on the stamp itself.  

So what do ya think?? This has inspired me to create more like these.  Thank You, Lori, again for contacting me, and inspiring me to GO For It!!!  Aloha!! 


Blessings ~
Click here for more graphics and gifs!
"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." ~1 Cor 13:13~