July 29, 2013

Owl Graduation Card and Pink Water Color Painted Turtle

Hey Gang!!  Aloha from Hawaii!!! 

I just wanna say "Thank YOU" to all those that have sent me emails and messages of prayers, and uplifting words.  You gurls are the bestest!!  God is good!!  He is in control, and guiding my every path, and I am placing my worries at his feet, and trusting in him completely!!  It means a lot to me to hear that you are all praying, and interceding along with me.  May each of you be blessed, and your household be blessed as well. 

Ok, so there is a tropical storm "Flossie" heading this way!!!  I'm excited!!!  Rain, rain and more rain!!  I love the rain!  Reminds me that after the rain, there are sunny days to come!!!  But during it, I love the sound it makes, and the cold it brings.  The hot chocolate nights (with whip cream), and the doggies in the house, cuddling up with us.  The only thing I don't like about storms is the winds that it brings.  Grrrr!!  I am praying that my flower pots are not tossed n' thrown all over the place with this windy storm on it's way.  :)  Praying for safety over the entire State of Hawaii. 

This past Friday, we attended a Kindergarten Graduation.  So cute!!  The little girl is home schooled, and mom and dad was throwing a party for her.  We have our bible studies gathered at their house on Fridays anyways, so just added a party a long to it.  That was fun!  But, I didn't have a graduation card on hand.  I quickly checked out my SVG cut files that I had purchased from My Scrap Chick, and I found an "Owl Graduation Trio" set that I purchased a while back.  Yay!!!  I cut up the pieces to make the card, and here's how it turned out. 


Too cute, ain't it???  I had so much fun putting the pieces together... and just seeing the image come together... great way to use up my scrap papers.  I used white dew drops for my eyes!!!  LOL!!!  I couldn't find a working white pen, and these white dew drops worked perfectly!!!  Just love all the pieces that make it pop out.  :) 

Then on Saturday, I attended my weekly Saturday morning watercolor class.  This is the 8th class, I have 1 more to attend next week.  That'll be the last session, I believe.  We were painting a honu, which means turtle in Hawaiian.  I decided to represent the breast cancer colors, and went pink with it... I think it turned out soooo pretty!!!!  Here it is....

I even added a pink ribbon too!!!  :) 

Sunday, we headed out to church..... and then we had a late lunch at The Counter, which is a burger joint, and it was our first time there, so it was neat to try out.  Their burgers are HUGE!!! 

Now to wait upon the storm... looking forward to a beautiful day, regardless... because God is Large n' IN-CHARGE, and he is BIGGER than any storm!!!!  Thanks for stopping by!! 


Blessings ~
Click here for more graphics and gifs!
"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." ~1 Cor 13:13~