July 25, 2013

Birdie Brown's July Freebie Challenge - So Cute!!!

Hmmm... been in a non-creative mood for a little bit there.  Actually, it is summer... the kids are off of school, so there are things to do with them, especially with the lil' one.  He learned how to ride his bicycle without his training wheels 2 weeks ago, and "can we go to the park today?" has been one of the questions I have heard more than once a day since!!  It is such a blessing, really....  I even got my bike out the other day, and took him to a beach park, and we rode around the entire park together.  It was such a beautiful day, seeing the water on one side, Diamond Head up ahead, and the cool breeze upon our faces.  We took several water breaks, but it was so much fun to be with my lil' guy riding bike together.  I am currently working on creating digi scrapbook pages for these photos, so will post them later!!

Today, I am sharing with you a card I created for a friend of mines that wanted to bless her sister with a handmade birthday card, with dolphins on them.  What a surprise and a blessing it was for me to find that Birdie Brown had a couple of freebie digital images of dolphins, and a sentiment too, and they were SOO CUTE!!!  But wait! It didn't end there... she also has a challenge going on, which is to use these images, so I am totally entering this project to her challenge.  :)  My friend also wanted a scripture inside of the card, and I had the scripture of her choice in a stamp version which is from Our Daily Bread stamp company!  Very Cool!!!  Here is how my card turned out.....




The dolphins I colored with Copic Sketch Markers, and hand cut them.  The sentiment I colored with my computer program (PSE), and then used a spellbinder die cut to cut it out with shape.  The die cuts of the waves and coconut tree is from Miss Kate Cuttables!!  I just LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE her die cuts!!!  They are absolutely adorable, and just so much fun to work with.  I don't know if I have more fun piecing them together or watching them get cut out on my eClips.  I cut them on my eClips, but you could also cut them on any other machine that cuts SVG cuts.  She also has them available in JPEG and PNG formats, so that you can cut them by HAND if you do not have a machine!!! Oh, and she also has a FREEBIE every day!!!  So sweet of her to do so, and what a blessing it is of both of these companies to offer freebies that are sooo cute!!!  :) 

 Here is the inside of my card....

 Circle and Circle scallop die cut is from Spellbinders.  The scriptured stamp is from Our Daily Bread.  The Happy Birthday stamp is from Penny Black.

Other challenges I am submitting to:

Thanks again, for peeking in!!  I hope you are enjoying your summer.  I am too.  Just can't find enough time to craft.  But am grateful that I can sneak it in here n' there.

Please continue to keep me and my family in prayer.  The biopsy that I had 3 weeks ago, didn't come back in our favor.  HOWEVER, if this is what the Lord has planned for us, we are ready to take on this mission and use it to glorify the Lord in every way possible!!!  I know that He is my healer, and my provider, my Jehovah-Jirah!!!  He is the great physician, and the almighty creator... so, if HE is for me, who can stand against me???  May you all have a blessed day in Jesus!!!!



Blessings ~
Click here for more graphics and gifs!
"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." ~1 Cor 13:13~