June 14, 2013

New Stamps and Challenges from Papertrey Ink and I {heart} Card Sketches!

Hey Gang!!  It's Aloha Friday here in Hawaii-nei!!  Hope all is going well, and that your weekend is starting off on a great start!!!  So last week, I was able to get me some stamps to add to my collection!!  Got these all online!!  Yay!!  :)  After I saw some cute images on my Claudie's IG, I wanted to get me some, so she hooked me up with a coupon from Simon Says, and I got these:

And after attending Wini's Craftin' Fun Day, I was inspired to get these from PaperTrey Ink!!!  So in LOVE with them...  Oh so YUMM!!!! 


So, excited to have these, and looking forward in using them!!  I usually stack up my new stamps, and then let them sit... as a collection usually does! haha!!  But, I am trying really haaaaard to use these new stamps that I get in, so that they don't just do that.  I checked out PaperTrey Ink to see if they had a challenge... lo n' behold, yes they do!!  So I was thrilled to see that there was!! Their challenge is called, "Make it Monday", and this week's challenge can be found here.  The challenge is to create using an "Overlapping Ombre" technique.  Nicole Heady shares a video on how to do this.  Here is what I came up with...



And I looked around for a sketch to follow, and found this sketch from I {heart} card sketches for this week... Sketch 022:

Sketch022


Supplies I Used:

Stampin' Up! Inks used for Overlappping Ombre (in this order):
  1. Pink Pirouette
  2. Pretty In Pink
  3. Regal Rose
  4. Melon Mambo
  5. Rose Red
Copic Sketch Markers Used:
  •  For Hair: E59-Walnut, Yr27-Tuscan Orange & YR24-Pale Sepia 
  • Dress: RV09-Fushia, 0-Colorless Blender {to blend shadings}
  • Face: E21-Baby Skin Pink, E33-Sand {for shading}, R32-Peach {for blush dots}
Additional Items Used:
  • Stampin' Up! Cardstock: Melon Mambo
  • Stampin' Up! Dimensioals
  • Stampin' Up! Rhinestones
  • Sticklez
  • Stamped Image: The Greeting Farm
  • Sentiment and Diamond Stamped Images: PaperTrey Ink
  • Stampin' Up! Markers for Sentiment: Rose Red and Chocolate Chip
Thank You for stopping by!!  Hope you enjoy your day and your weekend!!  ALOHA!!!

Blessings ~
Click here for more graphics and gifs!
"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." ~1 Cor 13:13~