February 26, 2013

Baby Shower Centerpieces - RECYCLED!!!

Hey Gang!!!  So, if you haven't checked out the Birthday Blog Candi Blessings for today yet, scroll down, and add a comment for your chance at winning it!!!

Here's what I created yesterday!!  So happy and proud of myself!!  These jars were actually used as
center pieces for a previous function, a function for my son's Youth Spaghetti night (see pic on right).  Well, cause they didn't have room to store it, and to reuse it, it was returned to me, and sat in my garage, collecting dust for the last year!!!!  LOL!!!  Then my next door neighbor asked me a couple of weeks ago, if I could help with her grand-baby's shower... if I had any ideas, and of course keeping the cost down is always good advice, right??  So I told her we could use these!!! We used my heating gun to heat the candle and easily remove them.  Removed the tinseled outter decorating (since it was just adhered on with glue gun, it easily removed!!).  Then we had a whole new canvas to create with.

When she gave the jar to me to tie the purple ribbon around, she only had the clear rocks and the Bath n' Body Mini Anti-Bacterial bottle in there.  I suddenly had a wonderful idea, to decorate and add more to it, and here's what it turned out to be!!!  She doesn't know yet that I had decorated it like this, it will be such a sweet surprise for her to see!!!  I can't wait!!!



 
Details:
  • Fan Die Cut: Stampin' Up! Designer Rosette #125594
  • Sentiments were computer generated, and printed on my HP Inkjet Printer, then handcut into banners.
  • Butterflies Die Cuts: Stampin' Up! Beautiful Wings Embosslits #118138
  • Purple Organdy Ribbon - LCS
  • Mini Bath and Body Anti-Bacterial
  • Chopstick painted with White Acrylic Paint
  • Hot Glue Gun
  • Stampin' Up! Glue Dots #103683
  • Lollipops fr WalMart
Thanks for peeking!!  Be Blessed!!!

Blessings ~
Click here for more graphics and gifs!