July 3, 2012

Mini Stampin' Up! Workshop and a Treat for Myself from J's

Hey All... hope you're having a great day! Yesterday I spent the day cleaning and tidying my craft area.  I did a lot, but there is still more that I can do.  I gathered a bunch of papers and craft items that have been sitting for more than a year, and put them all in a box.  Gonna donate them to my church's craft department or preschool.  I am sure they will be able to use them or find a use for them right??  Feels good to get rid of a lot of stuff that have just been lingering around.  The lil' one wasn't feeling well today, so it was the perfect day to clean out my area.

Last Friday, I got together with some of my crafty sisters.  I brought 1 card kit for them to put together.  They didn't know that I was going to bring a card kit, but I just wanted to see if I still "got it" in putting a little workshop together. Although I should've made more samples, they were happy that they were able to make a card.  I would definitely need to work on more samples, and bringing more products to show.  But these ladies were already familiar with Stampin' Up! products, so they didn't really need to see the line.

Anyways, this decorated bottle I have photos of here is what I made for the Hostess.  She was surprised herself, because she didn't know she was hosting a workshop.  Well, it was still a little gift to say "Thank U" to her for opening up her house to us, and allowing us to kick back n' create. 

The flower is a Stampin' Up! stamp, and the punch coordinates with it.  ~ Stamp set: Mixed Bunch 125535(w)/125537(c),  ~ Punch: Blossom 125603, ~ Corduroy Button (Ret'd).  It was nice to fill that bottle of buttons... and guess what??  She didn't even have buttons of her own, so the Lord totally knew just what she needed!!!  She was thrilled to receive it.  I wrapped in a clear cello bag, and added a blue ribbon to the top.  Made it officially a "gift".  

We all had a great time.  Brought our craft products to work on, played some Wii... well, not me, but the other ladies did!  Hah! They were dancing to Michael Jackson's Wii game...  they were trying to get me to do the moves too, but I said, "das ok, I pass!!".  I used my time cutting some foam mounted stamps that I purchased a while ago and still haven't used.  So, now I have no excuse but to use them!  Haha...  


Here is a before n' after shot of the bottle...


Here is the card I had them do....

Details - All are of Stampin' Up!, unless otherwise noted:
~ Stamp Set: Apothecary Art (Sentiment and Roses)
~ Collection Framelit Dies
~ Vintage Wallpaper Folder
~ Lace Ribbon {{Hero Arts}}
~ Button
~ Technique: Watercoloring: Used ink pad and Aqua Painter (Dimensionals to lift and adhere die cut layer to card).
~Cardstock: Bashful Blue
~DSP: Retired


Last, but not least... on Saturday after my lil' guy's baseball game, we headed over to J's KnicknacksOh gosh!!  He has the greatest deals all the time...  He had Yellow Tag sale >>> buy 1 yellow tag (which is already lowered in price), and get the 2nd yellow tag item 50% off.  Love it... I was buying yellow tags in pairs.   Ummm... I had a great time, and used the Oval Sizzix die cuts right away to make my card I featured in yesterday's post.  I am trying to make an attempt at using my new products immediately and not wait til' they go outtah style.  LOL... not that they evah do, anyways!  Here's what I picked up... yumm, doesn't that cup of coffee stamp look so ono?? 




That's all folks!  Hope you have an awesome day in the Lord!!  ~Aloha!~