July 2, 2012

Sweet Stop Sketch #SSS165 with Short Tutorial

Welcome..I just spent the last couple of hours making "small" changes to my blog. I think I finally got it to how I want it to be... I can't believe it took me so long, and boy was it challenging!! I didn't want to move forward and post my project til' I was done.  I feel better than I've waited, but I'm so tired, I don't even want to write about my project.  LOL...  But, here I am and I'm going to go have at it!  :)

Well, I have decided that for each project I create, I wanted to try and create it according to a sketch and a color combo... or if possible, I'll do both on 1 project.  I think that this will motivate me and help me to really help my creativity grow.  With that being said... I wanted to 1st mention that I was surprised to find that my card was featured on Sweet Stop's blog, for being chosen as 1 of the top 3 Spotlight cards!!  That was pretty cool to see... I didn't even know, and when I went to check out what their new sketch was for this week, I found my card being in the spotlight!  Haha... how cool is that?  


Ok, so on with the new sketch that they have for this week.  Here is sketch #SSS165.  Hmmmm...  I just love all the layers that they have on here.  Really helps me break outtah that mold of keeping my cards simple.  It's not that I don't want to make them simple, but I think adding more details to my cards and projects is going to help me get rid of the stuffs I keep buying.  I have some images that were already colored, and so I'll be creating with these, and trying to make them as quick as possible.  I don't know if it is a lack of not knowing what to create, or what to write about that takes away my interest in blogging or even not having enough time to do so?  But you know what is funny??  All this time I thought this blog was called "The Sweet Shop" and I just realized that it isn't that but "The Sweet STOP"... OMGoodness...  and I thought that they were making a mistake in their spelling - not realizing that even on their sketches they had "The Sweet Stop" as well... boy my eyes were playing tricks on me, huh?  What a dork I am...  I also decided to use the color combo shown here on the left for my project.  Finding it on the ColourQ blog.  If you need some color combo ideas, you should check out their blog.  They have a lot of pretty color combo's to choose from!!

Now to reveal my project...

Ta-Dah...



Card Detail:
~ Sentiment: Trust God - Stampin' Up! 126700(w), 126702(c) - colored with SU! Markers
~ Fancy Fan Folder: 127751 (Red Layer)
~ Square Lattice Folder: 119976 (Lt Blue Layer)
~ Delicate Designs Folder: 127023 (Black Layer going across card)

Finished Size: 5-1/2" x 5-1/2"
Image: Tiddly Inks Digital Image


I took some pictures on how I made the sentiment layer the way I did.  But am too tired to go on any further.  Hah!  It's now 2:50 am... I'm delirious!  Time to hit the sack!!   

***Updated:***  Here is the tutorial, in 3 easy steps....




Aloha, and Have an awesome week in the Lord!! 


Thanks for "liking" this post....