Yeeeeee!!! Welcome to my 1st Blog Hop with Clear Dollar Stamps!!! Can you tell I am sooo excited to be on this DT?? I totally am!! Love the images, and just love the ladies that I have so far met! Everyone is SOOOO nice and talented! Man, I really miss the stamp/blog world. It is so great to be getting back into the groove of things.
Today is our monthly blog hop day with CDS. Every 3rd Sunday of the month is the blog hop day for CDS. We hope that you can join us, and create to win a prize!!! The prize is noted below. The challenge begins today, May 20th, 2012 and ends on the 23rd. The winner will be announced on the CDS Blog and my blog on the 24th!! If you came from Lisa's blog, then you are in the right order - if not, go back to the beginning and start at Lori's blog.
"SOMETHING WITH WINGS"
PRIZE: One lucky winner will receive a $25 Clear Dollar Stamps gift certificate for digital images!
Simply visit each DT member's blog and leave a comment. The winner will be randomly chosen from comments received..
For today's blog hop, I have decided on using the Cheep digital stamp set, by Lisa Lara. The funny thing is I purchased this set before being asked to be part of the team. I really really love Lisa's drawings! They are sooo cute, and I absolutely LOVE cute!! With this months theme, it automatically gave me the opportunity to use this set that I had purchased. :) I wanted to also share a short tutorial on how to "mask" an image. This is one of the basic techniques that I learned when I first started stamping many moons ago. Hahahaa.... but this technique will never die, because it is soooo easy to use.
Well, on this project, the image that I masked was the bird. I masked it so that I could sponge around it with the blue ink that I wanted to have surround it.... take a look at my finished project, and my masking tutorial follows directly there after:
Here is my description of my card...
- Image: Clear Dollar Stamp Digital Stamp Set: Cheep by Lisa Lara
- Ribbons: Blue and Red Satin - Stampin' Up!
- Colored with Copics Sketch Markers: R46, G94, YG06, B05, E97, RV11 & FBG2.
- Spellbinder for layer under image layer, and Square layer in the upper left corner of card.
- Circut Die Cut Tree and Leaves from Cindy Loo Cartridge
- I converted the cloud image to an SVG, and cut it out on my Cricut using my SCAL program.
- I took the leaves from another image on the Cheep set, and made it look like it was part of my sentiment.
- I took the bird image on the Cheep set, and set it on the sentiment to make it look like the sentiment was a branch.
- I masked the image of the bird so that I could sponge the blue around it.
- Card Size: 5-1/2" x 5-1/2k"
Step 1: Print out 2 of the images that you will need to mask. The 1st image you will use for your project. The 2nd image you will cut out, and use as the "mask".
Step 2: Mask your 1st image simply by placing the cut image over the image that you've used for your project.
Step 3: Sponge your image - I used a dauber here, with light blue ink, so that I could color the background of my project.
Step 4: Because the mask is over the image that I've already colored, I do not need to worry about the image underneath being ruined with all the sponging that I am doing.
Step 5: Remove the mask, and see your colored image untouched, and neatly sponged around it.
Thanks for stopping by... now head on over to Cassie's blog, and please check out the other Clear Dollar Stamp DT member's blogs and see what they've created, and don't forget to leave a comment on their blog as well.
Have a blessed day!!!