April 3, 2012

He is Risen! Using The Brayer Technique With A Digital Image

Aloha!  Yesterday, I created using my brayer.  I wanted to use a digital image, of the 3 crosses on the hill, since we are celebrating the resurrection of Christ this weekend.  I just love how easy it is to use the brayer, and how pretty the outcome always is!!   

Here's what I did....  I printed my image (4-Up), using my laser printer, on Stampin' Up! Glossy White Cardstock.  I then cut the cardstock into 4's.  I printed 1 set of the image to the right of the card, and then 1 set with the image centered on the card.


Now I am able to brayer each cut out cardstock.  For this set of cards, I used the following 3 colors.  I chose 3 colors, from lightest to darkest:  Bashful Blue, Marina Mist and Pacific Point:


I then ink my brayer and roll unto my glossy cardstock first using the colors from lightest to darkest...  starting with Bashful Blue... 
Now, Marina Mist...  see how the transition of colors are taking place?  So pretty.  In this photo, there is a line where you can obviously see the changes in color, but as you roll your brayer, it continues to blend your colors subtly giving the transitions a smooth blend. 

My third color is Pacific Point....  Again, in the image below you can see my lines where the color changes.  But check out the image after this one.... 

Ok, so here are the completed images that I've brayered.With enough rolling, the transition of colors are so pretty and smooth.  I've enlarged this last image so that you can see that the lines are gone!  There are also white spots where the laser ink might not have grabbed so well to the cardstock.  But I will show you how to get rid of that. 

I also wanted to try colors that would show time closet to sunset.  So I've chosen these colors to brayer with:   Summer Sun, Pumpkin Pie and Real Red.


Again, starting with the lightest color...  I brayer on the Summer Sun...
 

Then Pumpkin Pie....

Lastly, Real Red...

Here are the results of them with a smooth transition of colors...


Now to complete my cards.... I've layered them on some cardstock, and then added a sentiment from Stampin' Up! on some of them "He is Risen" is the stamp.  So love how these turned out....


To get rid of the white spots that you've seen earlier in my photos, I simply took my Copic Black Sketch Marker, and filled in the spots.  Worked wonderfully.  In the photo below, you can see the markings of my pens.  But only because when I took the picture, the ink was still wet.  Now, you can't even tell.  



Now, I've heard that there may be a wrong or right way to brayer.  But with me, I don't really know I just continue to roll til' the colors are blended.  Whether I'm supposed to just roll foward, or backward, or forward and backwards, I don't know - I do them ALL, and they look fine to me.  So find whatever it is that will satisfy your brayering desire, and just embrace the beauty that comes from it.  

Oh, before I forget, the digital image that I've used is from Clear Dollar Stamps!  Yes, they have an entire section devoted to digital images.  But the best part, is that the owner of this company is a Sister-In-Christ, therefore, a lot of her stamps are Christ-centered!!!  I Love it!!!  Please check her store out and give her some love!! 

I pray that you have a blessed day as well as the rest of the week.  Thank You for stopping by and peeking in.... 

Blessings,
Jen