March 24, 2012

Digital Stampin' Up! Stamps - Delicate Doilies

Hi There!!  Gosh, this week seems like it has been flying by so quickly.  So many things to do...  I have discovered, well, it's not a new discovery - I have been using digital stamps for awhile now, and have been collecting a bunch of Stampin' Up! digital images as well.  I don't know if you know, but I am a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator {{amongst other things}}, and I have been wanting to promote Stampin' Up! more, but I find a lot of their images that I like to "color in" are too small for my liking!!  Well, their digital images are the way to go for me!!  I am able to increase the size of a digital stamp to the size that I would like for it to be, or have it already pre-colored.  Yes, to some people that might not actually be called "stamping", and I've struggled with this idea, almost telling myself "stop fooling yourself, this isn't stamping"... but after thinking about this several times, I thought that in the end, when it comes down to it, the results are the same, and sometimes even better, because now I can spend more time decorating and embellishing since the printing of the image is already done.  Well.... that's just my opinion.  LOL!! 

Anyways, this is a digital image that I've purchased from Stampin' Up!.  It is sooooo easy to use.  You can use it with your My Digital Studio {{Stampin' Up! program}} or like me, I use it with my PhotoShop Elements.  I am sure you can use them with any other photo editing program that you may already have on your computer.  The set of images I am using on these projects is from "Delicate Doilies".  It comes in black n' white, and using my paint can mode on the PSE, I am able to choose and select any color that I would like to use with it.  For this project, I've printed 4 of the same designs on 1 sheet of 8-1/2 x 11 white cardstock.  This way, I would be able to create 4 cards with just 1 sheet.  Thinking of ways to save time n' effort here.  :O) 

As you can see the 1st and last 2 cards I used the images the same way, but the 2nd card shown above, I actually flipped the image over, and used it that way.  




Well, I sure hope you've enjoyed these projects.  I have several more "Thank U" cards to make.  Love creating them digitally, because it makes it soooo much easier.  The lattice cut that you see on some of the cards are from the Martha Stewart Elegant Cake cartridge.  The flower blings, I purchased from WalMart.  The flowers are from All Natural Accents.  Cardstock are all from Stampin' Up!

Thanks for peeking in...  I hope you are having a marvelous Saturday!!

Aloha, Jen