February 17, 2012

Valentine's Spaghetti Dinner

Gosh!! I have been working on this post for 2 days now, and still haven't had the chance to post it!! I hope that this time around, I will finally get to press the "publish" button. Ok...this past Monday, the Youth group at our church held a "Valentine's Spaghetti Dinner" for couples. It was a fundraiser event for the Youth camp coming up in March. So dinner cost was based on any donation amount that each couple wanted to give. I wanted to help out by creating the center pieces for the tables, and favors for the guests. I had only 2 days to create those centerpieces, so I wanted something elegant, romantic but quick to whip up. Here's what I came up with....

Valentine Garland wrapped around a glass candle holder, and an apple cinnamon candle within to burn:



15 of the centerpieces boxed and ready to go....
As for the favors... I just cut a heart top box from the "Tags, Bags, Boxes and More" Cricut cartridge, and put them together (40). Filled with some Hershey's kisses, and was all done. I only have this top view for a pic, because it seems the other 3 were damaged somehow. I don't know what happened. Oh well... u get the idea.

We had a great time at dinner. The place was actually set up like a restaurant scene. They had a menu and the kids actually came out to each table asking what we would like for our meal. They served us very eloquently. It was a great experience for both children and parents. My hubby took some pictures of our friends at their table, but forgot to give the camera to one of them to take our pic at our table. So... I don't have any pics of us to share.

Well Hey, look... I've finished this post!! Now I can publish.... have a blessed Aloha Friday and an awesome weekend!!! God Bless... Jen


No Time To Comment? Use the "Just a Quick Click" below if you like this post.