February 29, 2012

Gift Box

Hi There!! Here is a gift box that I created to encase a Mary Kay Oil-Free Make Up Remover. I gave this gift to my friend for her birthday. :O) I basically measured the box, and then scored, and taped... the lid was something of a challenge. I haven't made one of these in a while. But to remind myself, if ever needed again - if the measurement of the box is 1-3/4" x 1-3/4" then the lid is basically just an inch bigger, so 2-3/4" x 2-3/4" and scored at 1/4" all around. So here's how it turned out...

I really wanted to do something quick, and didn't have a box size cut like this on the Cricut or didn't want to make one on the Design Studio. So sometimes, it is easier to just go back to basics and make the box from scratch.

Here is the lid. I cut a roll up flower from the "CTMH-Art Philosophy" cartridge for this flower. Ain't it cute??? I cut more, and was rolling some flowers, but will have to spray them with some pink to change their looks.

Hope your week is going well... Much Hugs!!

Jen