November 9, 2011

Thinking of You Mermaid and Macro Image of Hibiscus

Hi Everyone!! Thanks for stopping by... CY4 (my 15 yr old) has come down with the flu. Booo Hoooo!!! But we are praying for a quick recovery and looks like the Lord is once again coming through. He is getting better, after only 2 days of being home. I took him to the doctor yesterday, and was happy to hear that he didn't have Strep Throat. It's going around his school, and that would be bad if he brought it home. I don't like being sick, and I haven't been sick for the last 5 months. Praise God!!!! I just want to continue to NOT be sick, and keep that strain away!! LOL... Well, if he isn't feeling better, I will keep him home again. He's trying to keep up with school by doing his homework, and making sure that he is on top of things. Such an over achiever - gets it from his dad! :o) At the doctor's office, we were offered Flu shots. So he n' I got them. This coming Saturday will be the lil' guy's turn to get it. He's not quite happy about that.

Anyways, that is pretty much the excitement going on in our household right now... other than that.... I have a card project to share with you. I purchased a whole bunch of cool stamps from Crafts and Me. Love their rubber stamps, because they are deeply etched, and the image comes out very clear when stamped. This is my 1st purchase with the company, and definitely NOT my last. I just checked out their site a couple of minutes ago, to find that there are already NEW stamps available. I don't know... I just want them all!! Don't you find yourself wanting all of the stamps that are made available from your favorite stamp company? **sigh** Anyways, I created this card, just to use the image. I colored the image with my Copics. The image is an Elaine Cox stamp. You will find her listed on the Crafts and Me menu, under "Sweet Pea Stamps". I kinda went crazy on the dew drops. I was trying to make them look like seaweed. LOL!! Not sure if I've succeeded in doing so, you tell me... it adds some sparkle to the card, so I kept them there. The doily die cut behind the image is an eClips die cut from the Easter cartridge. I am still getting used to using my eClips machine. Not as well used as my Cricut. But I sure hope that I can use it in more of my upcoming projects as I create. The sentiment is from Hero Arts, which I got from J's Knicknacks on Oahu.

Before I go, I wanted to share a macro image with you. Been playing around with my camera, and PSE, and just wanted to share with what the outcome is. Here is a photo I took of the middle of a pretty yellow Hibiscus...


Well, gotta get back to tending to my 15 yr old. :o) I hope that you n' your family are in good health.

Much Hugs,
Jen

No Time To Comment? Use the "Just a Quick Click" below if you like this post.