November 15, 2011

Cricut Fun Challenge #2 - Paper Doll Dress Up with FREEBIE!!

Welcome to our Cricut Fun Challenge #2!!! We are on a roll!! Ali n' I are having so much fun challenging ourselves, and we hope that it is motivating you as well to create with your Cricut. We had no participants from last week's challenge, but it's ok... we hope you will jump in whenever you are ready.


We've decided to chose a random cartridge, and give the option to select ANY cut from that cartridge to use. Thus allowing a wider selection for us to create from. We are still in the process of trying to figure out what type of challenge we would like this to be. So please bare with us, as we continue to make changes. If you have any suggestions, please feel free to comment and let us hear your idea(s). In the meantime, the Cricut cart selected for this week's challenge is:

Paper Doll Dress Up


Here are our samples - please scroll down to read the rules of this challenge....

By Jen....

Hi Gang! Jen here.... I decided to go with the Horse cut on this cartridge. It's so cute, but has only 1 layer. So what I did was, I cut the image 3 times, on 3 different colored cardstock, and then cut the pieces off manually so that they would have different layers. This card would be perfect for those that love horses, and is celebrating some kinda love occasion.... Anniversary, Wedding or just to saying "I Love U!". I created the heart card on the Design Studio and have the cut file available for you to download at the bottom of this post. I tried saving it as a Gypsy file, but it wasn't cooperating with me. So for now, I only have the Design Studio cut file available.




By Ali:


Hi there everyone! Here is the card I created with the PDDU cartridge. It was super easy and I had a great time making it. The Shell base was just two shells cut out and glued together. My fish, like Jen's was a single layer cut so I also cut it twice and then manually pieced it together. Everything was cut from the PDDU cartridge except the Happy Birthday tag which I cut from the Storybook cartridge.


Rules are as follows:
  1. Create your project using any cut from the cartridge shown above.
  2. Post your project to the web, and link below using the "inlinkz" button.
  3. No linking to project(s) posted prior to this challenge date.
  4. Submit only 1 project please.
  5. Feel free to combine challenges.
  6. Please link your project by next Monday, 6 pm Hawaii Time
Since no one played along last week, the prize for this week's challenge will be what we were giving for last week's challenge. :o)


Download
Design Studio Heartfold Card Cut File Here