November 8, 2011

Cricut Fun Challenge #1 - Create a Critter - with FREEBIE Cut Files!!!

Welcome to our Cricut Fun Challenge #1!!! We are so happy that you are here, and we hope you will join us!! Let's get it going... Ali n' I used the list randomizer on Random.org to select the cart and the image (rather page) of the cart's manual to decide on which cart and cut we are challenged to use. This week the cart selected was:

Create a Critter - Pg 43:
Fish, Fish Bowl, Seaweed, Sand n' Water

Here are our samples - please scroll down to read the rules of this challenge....

By Jen....

Hi There! I created my project into a shaped card, using the Design Studio Program. I had this thought in my head that I wanted to make the fish bowl into a card. So I took 2 of the same cuts, lined them up, and welded together. Use the "Hide Contour" to hide some of the contours on the front card, and then my card was ready to decorate.


For the front of the card, I wanted to make it a window type, where you would really be looking into a fish bowl. So I cut the same shaped bowl, but this time cut a circle within it, to make a window. I used acetate to cover, you can see the reflection of it on one of my pictures posted below. The photo with the foam tape shows you how I adhered the front window piece to the card's front panel. I also wanted to make this card for a mommy to be, and thought it would be super cute with a mini-fishy swimming with her mama!! The "Congratulations" sentiment is from MS-All Occasions. Everything else was cut with Create a Critter, and on page 43 of the manual. I sponged the edges of most of the cuts, and ran the fish pieces through my cuttlebug for some embossed texture. FUN!!! I have the cut file available for you to download if you would like to create this same card. I have 2 cuts available - 1 for the Design Studio, and 1 for the Gypsy. Scroll down to the bottom of this post to get to these links.


here is a 3x3 Thank You card that I made using the fish die cut....


By Ali....

Hi There!! Ali here... I am so glad that Jen finally listened to me, and started this Cricut Fun Challenge. It is a great way to motivate and challenge ourselves. My project is also a card, however, I didn't create it on the DS program like Jen did. What I did was, I cut out 2 of the fish bowls, and scored at the top of the fishbowl, which is where I adhered the cards together, and then have it work like a card. Sorry, I don't have a picture of it shown that way. I embossed the seaweed, sponged the edges of the sand, and added stickles and crystal glaze to the bubbles and party hat. The sentiment was computer generated.


Now that you've got to see our samples, we hope that you can join our challenge. Bust out that Create a Critter cartridge, and use that fish die cut, and create without ceasing!!!

Here are the Rules:
  1. Create your project according to the selected theme shown above - you must use at LEAST 3 cuts from the selected page.
  2. Post your project to the web, and link below using the "inlinkz" button.
  3. Please link directly to your blog post and NOT to your blog (so that is makes it easier for us to locate your post n' comment on your creation). :o)
  4. No linking to project(s) posted prior to this challenge date.
  5. Submit only 1 project please.
  6. Feel free to combine challenges.
  7. Please link your project by next Monday, 6 pm Hawaii Time
1 Winner will receive the following prize package:



Here are the links to download Jen's Fishbowl card cut file. Please note: you will need the following to be able to use these cuts: Design Studio program -or- Gypsy, Cricut Machine, Create a Critter cart (MS-All Occasion if you would like to cut the sentiment as well). Enjoy!!

Click Here to Download Jen's Fishbowl Card for Design Studio
Click Here to Download Jen's Fishbowl Card for Gypsy


Now it's your turn to play along... we'll be looking forward to your participation!!

God Bless...
Jen n' Ali