October 4, 2011

Ribbon Leis

Welcome! Thanks for peeking in! Today I have some ribbon leis to share with you. I was asked by one of my church sisters if I could make leis for her hubby's graduation from US Army Chaplain School! He was in Florida, and she gave me 3 weeks to complete 3 leis that she ordered. I have never made any ribbon leis prior to these, however I had purchased a book about 4 years ago, on how to make them. Well, it was about time that I got that book out and make use of it, right?

Here is the Red Carnation Lei...


Here is Jason wearing the Carnation lei... gawrsh, it almost looks bigger than him!!!


This one is the Kukui Nut lei... my hubby said that it looks like the hardest one to do, which infact it was the easiest one to make out of these 3!!


Then the Cigar Lei, which I really enjoyed making....


Here is Jason wearing all the leis....


Way cool, huh?? I had a lot of fun making the Cigar Lei. The Carnation Lei took me the longest to make, and the Kukui Lei was the easiest. These were probably the easier leis in the book that I choose to create. It was well worth the time to make as well, to be able to bless my brother n' sister in Christ with these leis.

I am entering these projects to the following challenge(s):

Have a great day!! Oh yea, don't forget to come back tomorrow to check out my project that I created for the Guest Designer spot I have on Purple Funtastick Creations!!! See ya then!!!

Aloha,
Jen


No Time To Comment? Use the "Just a Quick Click" below if you like this post.