October 31, 2011

Lilo and Stitch Guest Book and Card Box for Niece's 1st Birthday Party

Aloha and Welcome!! Wow last week was a crazy week for me... had to keep away from blogland, due to my grand niece's 1st birthday party. My niece had asked me to make a bunch of goodies for her daughters party, and I was of course, happy to do so. Here are some of the projects I made. I will share the rest throughout this week.

The sign-in Guest Book - her theme was "Lilo n' Stitch"... I found a Lilo n' Stitch image online, and with a little help from Photoshop Elements, was able to remove and add things. Both front and back covers were laminated.



Here are the inside pages. I created on Word, simply by using the columns feature. For the Lilo image on the bottom right, after printing the wordings and lines (or you could print it before, wither way works), I printed Lilo at the bottom in a lighter opacity, probably around 33%.


I used my Bind-It-All to bind the book together. The coils that I used were Cinch coils, which I was delighted to find out that they worked with the BIA, especially because they were cheaper than the BIA coils. I then added random ribbons to the coil. I also added the ribbons because I made a mistake with punching the holes, and this ribbon technique covered up my mistake. "o)

I also created the Card Box... I covered a large Ziploc box (the one from Sam's Club that holds 4 boxes of Gallon size Ziploc boxes). I covered it with gift wrapping paper, inside out. All cuts on the box was cut on my Cricut using SCAL. I had a Lilo image converted to an SVG format. The font that I used was Cheri. I was very happy with how Lilo turned out. I also did a Stitch, but the photo of that little fella is on another camera, which I cannot currently find. Ugh!! After pasting them all together, I used Stickles to add some glittery look.

These hibiscus flowers were found online as well, and converted to an SVG file. Along with the fern plant. I sponged the edges of each flower and plant to give them some depth.

Here is a look at the side of the box.....

It was such an awesome opportunity for me to help with my niece's daughter's 1st birthday. I was so blessed and honored that she allowed me to create for her. Here is the little princess....

Thanks for checking out these projects. I will post more throughout this week. I pray that you and your family have a blessed week in the Lord!!

Much Hugs n' Aloha,

Jen


No Time To Comment? Use the "Just a Quick Click" below if you like this post.