October 10, 2011

A Froggie Card


Aloha and Welcome to my blog! How was your weekend? Today is a holiday for most people on Oahu, but not my hubby. The boys are home with me, so thought I'd post this early morning, while they are still asleep. I got some playtime on my Cricut this weekend. So much fun! Barb came over on Friday, and hung out with me, while I finished up this card. We hung out, and enjoyed each others company. My hubby bought me a Keurig for our 17th anniversary, so me and my girlfriends have been making great use of it. Do you have a Keurig?? What is your favorite k-cup flavah?? I love French Vanilla, but I also love Hazelnut. Oh Yummmm!! When Ali and Barb found out that I had a machine, Barb brought some k-cups over... Pumpkin Spice and a medley of things, Ali picked up Chai Latte and a box of Pumpkin Spice. Like most things in my household, we started a collection of k-cups. LOL!!

Anyways on to my project. I am having a hard time typing. Not sure if it is my computer that isn't doing the processing well, or my fingers aren't pressing hard enough. Ugh! But it it irritating that I have to go back to a word to fix it. Ok, sorry! Just had to vent. I've switched to my MAC! Ugh, was getting so irritated that the keys weren't going as fast as I wanted it to. LOL!! Ok, I am better now...

Now on to my project, for real this time.... I created this card by cutting a 12x12 Bazzill Basics Yellow Cardstock in half - which is at the 6" mark. I then scored at 4" and 8" to make this card a tri-fold. I wanted to make a window in my project, to conform with the Friendship Garden challenge. Also, for their challenge, you are not to use any stamp images, so I figured my cricut die cut would be perfect. You can however use a stamped sentiment. :O) Their challenge also asks that the project made for a "new beginning". One of the ladies at church will be leaving to start a "New Beginning" in another state, so I made this card for her. I hope that the sentiment makes sense that it is because of a new beginning that I will never "froget" her. Hee heee heeee.... Ok, the Froggie and Dragonfly came from the Create a Critter Cricut cartridge. I absolutely love this cart!!! It is soooo cute, and has such cute lil' critters. I cannot get enough of this cart. Just want to make all of them critters. After cutting the froggie, I ran her through my big shot, within a dotted cuttlebug embossing folder. I then applied some ink to the edges to add color, depth and shading. I cut out her lil' opu (tummy) and run that through the big shot as well, and did the same thing. I took my white nail pen (yes, I found it in the nail polish section at Wal-Mart - will share a pic later), and I added some white accents to ms. froggie. I cut out a couple of teeny weeny hearts, and put it on her face, and cut out 2 black and white circles for her eyes. For the dragonfly, I did 3 layers of her. The base on purple cardstock, the wings on vellum, and her body on light blue cardstock, along with an even teenier weenier heart. I sponged the edges of the dragonfly as well. I just like that shadow look. I cut out the window frame using my spellbinder. First a smaller frame, and then on a DSP, I cut the larger frame, and adhered it to the window frame. The sentiment is from a TAC stamp set.

That was pretty much it in making the card. I was fun and easy to create!! I hope you enjoyed checking it out! Oh! The other challenge I am submitting this project to is the Bitten By The Bug 2 - Frog Challenge. You are to use the frog from the Create a Critter cartridge (if not that frog, any other frog that you have on hand will do - but I do believe it has to be a Cricut frog). This froggie is just too cute!! I wanted to add more embellishments (buttons and flowers), but because there isn't much room on the front of the card, I figured I hold back.


Well, if you are working, have a blessed day, and be thankful that today you have a job to go to, that someone might not have. If you are at home enjoying the holiday, then enjoy the day with your loved ones, and be thankful that you have a day of rest from work!! May the Lord bless you today and always!! We will be cleaning house and vacuuming my car today. Yay!!!

Much Hugs and Blessings,
Jen

No Time To Comment? Use the "Just a Quick Click" below if you like this post.