June 15, 2011

Father's Day Red Chevy

I found another freebie car image online to use on another Father's Day card that I created. I colored it up with my Copic Sketch markers, colored in the sky and the ground, and layered it on SU! Real Red cardstock. I also used the sentiment from and old Stampin' Up! set, I can't remember which one, but I believe it is already retired, sorry!! I then used the tag punch to punch out the sentiment, and layered on Real Red cardstock, then cut around it to make it have the same shape as the tag, and to have it layered. Ribbon is Black Organdy. I used a 1/8" punch to punch the hole for the ribbon to go through. Black cardstock is from Walmart, and DSP is Die Cuts with a view. This week's Monday Theme Challenge is "Father's Day/Masculine" so don't forget to submit your work to enter into winning a prize!!! This is a sample for this week's theme!!

Family Tidbit: This pass Monday marked the 1st day of Summer Break for my boys. Our goal is to get this house "tidy" before we start having fun for the Summer. We cleaned out the garage on Monday, and yesterday, my oldest tended to his laundry. My mom spent the day with us yesterday, and bought Cy his 1st "real" bike. He is so happy to have it, and can't wait to ride it every chance that he gets. The oldest now wants a bike as well... we'll have to talk to dad about that. Yesterday, my hubby n' I found out that we recently lost a good friend of his. They were close friends since his childhood years, and was really like a sister to him. It saddens us that she has passed so suddenly, and we were in shock to hear the news. She leaves behind a 5-yr old daughter, and her widowed mother. Please pray that the Lord calms the hearts of her loved ones left behind. And I pray that you are able to take the time to spend with family and friends who are still here. Life is so precious and unpredictable! U can be here 1 minute, and gone the very next!! Know that Jesus Loves U, and that we were created to live an eternal life... Eternal Life in Heaven, or Eternal Life in Hell.... either way, you will live an eternal life somewhere!!! If you do not know WHERE that somewhere is, I encourage you to call out to Jesus, and ask Him to help you to understand and He will show you the way!!!!!

hugs....Jen

No Time To Comment? Use the "Just a Quick Click" below if you like this post.