June 11, 2011

Birthday Gift Card

Recently, I have been using more and more digital images. I just love the simplicity of it all. I still love my rubber stamps but I guess with the option to have the image right then and there, rather than having to go anywhere, or wait for an order to arrive, is very satisfying. I will never give up using rubber stamps, but if given the option to purchase the image digital, I would go that route first.

For this card, I used an image from Dustin Pike's Doodle Dragon's Studio. I colored it with my copics, and because it was a last minute card, I didn't have much time for shading. I also made this card a gift card holder, so instead of cutting an 8-1/2" x 11" card in half (5-1/2"), I cut it half way through (til' 4-1/4" way), then maybe about 2" lower, I cut the rest of the card off. I then scored at 5-1/2" and had that little fold in the card to hold my gift card. At both ends of the fold though, I cut in a diagonal so that the card could close with ease. I then embossed the upper section of the card, using Cuttlebug's Happy Birthday embossing folder. I cut the fancy panel behind the image using my cricut machine, from the "Lacy Labels" cartridge. The sentiment is also a print out, from Stampin' Up!'s digital images. I punched out using my 1-1/4" circle punch, and then the 1-3/4 scallop punch, both from Stampin' Up!. The ribbon and buttons were added for embellishing. I forgot to mention that the cardstock I used is Stampin' Up!'s Rich Razzleberry. I am soooo in love with this rich deep color!! Love to work it with.

On the inside of the card, the part where I made the flap, I cut out a little border on my cricut, using the Elegant Cake cartridge. I cut a smaller panel of white cardstock (4" x 5-1/4") and adhered it to the inner part of the card, and then slipped in the gift card from my church's Chapel Store.

So school officially ended yesterday, June 10th. I'm going to be quite busy trying to keep the kids busy, and hopefully they can help me straighten up the house. Which means I probably won't be able to post as much. But I will try my best to pre-post my projects, and get the post up before the kids get up for their day. Either way, please keep me in prayer!!

Have a blessed weekend!!

Aloha,
Jen

No Time To Comment? Use the "Just a Quick Click" below if you like this post.