May 7, 2011

Mother's Day Cards with FREEBIE Sentiment

Good Morning Saturday, All!!! Today I have a couple of Mother's Day cards that I created for a brother from my church that ordered these from me.....

I used the Upsy Daisy set from Stampin' Up! for this card, and DSP also from Stampin' Up!. The sentiment which is a scripture from the bible was computer generated, and then I used a Stampin' Up! digital frame to add to it. Added some golden blings, and organdy ribbon. Ohh!! The frame is from a Cricut cartridge called "Sentimentals". Couldn't it totally pass for a Nestibility?? I sponged the edges with Creamy Caramel to add some deep tones tothe edges.


Here is a close up on the sentiment on this card, takes from 1 Corinthians 1:4 KJV... you can download this freebie by scrolling to the bottom of this post, and clicking on the link I have there.


On this 2nd card, I used a Bird of Paradise metal embossing plate. I ran it thru my Big Shot a while ago, and had it already colored, with colored pencils. So pretty! I have to use these metal embossing plates more often!! The bracket (in pink) was cut on my Cricut, I can't remember which cartridge. I've added the stitch marks with my fine tip sharpie pen. It's a FAUX Stampin' Up! Big Top Notes. :o) {{thrilled}}


Here is a close up of the sentiment I used, taken from Numbers 6:24-26....
This is the inside of the card. I messed up by stamping the sentiment UPSIDE DOWN!!! So I fixed it by stamping on another cardstock and framing it within another bracket frame cut from the Cricut.
I have a crazy day today. Our school's May Day Luau happens tonight, so we'll be helping with the prepping all day... May you all have a blessed day and a wonderful day celebrating the Mother in your life tomorrow!!

Blessings, Jen

You can download the digital sentiment for the 1st card here.

"Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised."~ Proverbs 31:30

No Time To Comment? Use the "Just a Quick Click" below if you like this post.