March 18, 2011

The Aloha Friday Post: Using Cricut Cartridges and a Freebie too!!!

It's Aloha Friday... no work til' Monday!! Here are the projects we have to share with you today.

The cage was cut from the Serenade Cricut cart, the bird from my SU! punch, the lace is Prima from Stampin Munchkins (sob sob that she's gone...), and the flowers and leaves are Prima from Little C's. I'm not sure yet if I will put it on a card, stick it to my wall or turn it into a tag. I will be on the lookout for an inspirational word to place on here...any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!


This is a picture of the drama that ensued from trying to find a good color combo...Am I alone when it comes to this craziness or do you struggle with the yucky feeling of "wasting" while you create? Thanks for stopping by and have a blessed weekend!


Hey Ali, no, you're not the only one going crazy when it comes to creating. I struggle with figuring out what it is I want to create in the 1st place. I can "imagine" it in my mind, but sometimes putting them into a project takes a LONG LONG TIME... thus, I end up feeling that I've "wasted" so much time. Here are projects I created, that I kept thinking about, but took forever to create into paper.... hope you like them!!

I made baskets... for this basket, I used the Nut Cup from "George" cartridge. The handle was cut with "Cindy Loo" cartridge, sentiment is from "Beyond Birthdays" cartridge. The image is from Dustin Pike and was colored by my very artistic friend, Ann.



Here is a cute bunny basket I also cut out and pieced together. I created a basic basket on Design Studio to put together. Which you could make virtually any type of basket once you've cut out the main basket piece. The bunny is from "Doodle Charms" cartridge. The handle is from "MS All Occasions" cartridge. If you would like to cut this basket, you can download it here. You will need these cartridges, along with the Design Studio program, and a Cricut Machine Expression machine.

Well, that's all folks. We hope you have a blessed weekend and week.... until' next Friday!
Blessings,
Ali and Jen

Need Prayer? Click Here!