December 31, 2010

A Tiddly Inks Card for Captain Miguel San Pedro


Here is the card I made for my girlfriend's hubby, Captain Miguel San Pedro. He was being honored at a Change of Charge event that took place sometime at the ending of November, or beginning of December. Sorry, my memory is shot. You can read about it and view pictures from that event in the previous post, so just scroll down til' you get there. It is titled "Happy New Year". Sorry, not really the subject of the post, but just because it was posted just 30 minutes ago today, the Eve of New Year's, and what I wrote at the beginning part of my blog was about the New Year's. ;o) Moving on...

I created this card to wish Capt. San Pedro off and congratulate him on his new position, at his new location. They have relocated to another state, and I really didn't know what type of card to create for him, especially because it was a male card. Of course, I was creating it last minute, so I needed something that I had already either stamped, colored or printed out. I found this robot image, which I got from Tiddly Inks, and found that I had already colored him with my Copics. Speaking of Copics, I'm gonna need some refills for some of my favorites colors soon. I will have to take some time to go through my copic set and determine which pens need refills, so that I don't miss out on using a certain color. The sentiment is a TAC sentiment, the DSP is from Colorbok. I used my Spellbinder Nesties to make the layers, sticky-back jewels from Hero Arts, and added buttons for garnish. :O)

Alrighty then! That is the project for today!!

Today I share a scripture that my 6yr old, Cy says is his favorite, so proud that he has memorized this by heart:

"You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you. Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, the Lord, is the Rock Eternal". ~Isaiah 26:3-4~

Thanks for stopping by... be a blessing!!


Need Prayer? Click Here!