November 3, 2010

Guest Designer for The Stamping Bazaar


Hey You!! Sorry, I've been away. Last week got kinda crazy with my kid's school and church events. Friday night, we had a "Back To School Night", where the parents would come and see their children's classroom, meet teachers (if they haven't already). Then on Saturday, we had a "Family Fun Night" event, which happens annually. This usually happens on the same night as Halloween, but because Halloween fell on a Sunday this year, we decided on hosting the event on Saturday night, and have another alternative to Halloween on Sunday evening. The Family Fun Night was a success! A lot of families came out and joined us in this event. I dressed up as a Soul Sistah (the pic above shows me with my Sister Cath who I called the Sexi Mexi). Cy was an Astronaut, CY4 a Prisoner, and CY3 was a Basketball Playah. On Sunday, we had another Alternative to Halloween, we had Worship in the 70's (the Worship Team dressed up like the 70's), and a special testimony from one of the Christian brothers, Eroll Carrey. It was was treat all in all, because we were Glorifying God in all that we did.

That was my weekend! Now, I am trying to work on projects to sell at the craft fair which I am doing on the 13th, at Hickam Air Force Base. It'll be open to the public, so all of you on Oahu, be sure to come out and check out the crafts that will be available for purchase. I haven't done a craft fair since last year, and since dropping the Little C's stamp products, I'm trying to get my handmade products out there for sale. I've got these last couple of days to work on them, so keep me in your prayers!

On the last note, I wanted to mention that I was picked up by The Stamping Bazaar, as a Guest Designer. The illustrator is Marina Neira, whose images are also sold at The Greeting Farm. I don't really know which month she would like for me to Guest DT, but I thought I'd color up an image and create a card with it to get in the mode. LOL!! I made this card for my gf, Teri of Big Ideas From a Little Girl. She was kind enough to give me a tote bag and a stamp, and I thought this lil' fella would be a perfect card to make for her.

I colored him with my Copics, check out his eyes, I followed some tutorial online to make the eyes like that. The blending... I love how it turned out. The birdie is from Stampin' Up!, using the My Digital Studio elements. Love that I can just print, and cut out, just like stamps, but without having to take out all my stamps n' inks.

On the inside of the card, I decided to also add a little bit of decoration to it. Just a couple of hearts, and then white cardstock to write on. I had fun creating this card. It's kinda bigger than the normal size, but being able to create on a bigger canvas is so much more fun. However, there just isn't a big enough envie to fit it. I could always make one, but I opted to use a plastic envie instead, and just sent it in a 6x9 envie. LOL!!

Anyways, I have the Commenter of the Week Winner coming up in the next post, so stay tune for that. I also hit the 300K mark on my counter, and 1000 on my Reader count. Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!!! I will have 2 Blog Candies to give away in the near future. So stay tuned for that too!!!

Have a blessed week, be true to yourself, and most of all, be true to the Lord!! Sometimes you may feel like you are alone, but He is right there, by your side, pushing you through whatever trials you are dealing with. Know that He has a plan for you, and know that He loves you!!!


Embellishments: Dew Drops, All Natural Accent Flowers
Colored with Copic Sketch Markers
DSP: Stampin' Up!, Bird: Stampin' Up! My Digital Studio,
Sentiment: Stampin' Up!, Image: The Stampin' Bazaar
Flower and Window Slot Punch:
Stampin' Up!

Be Blessed!
Hugs,
Jen



Stuffs About Today:
  • Prayer Time with Cath
  • Raining
  • Yesterday was Vote Day... not happy with the results, people want CHANGE, but they vote for the very ones that NOT GOING CHANGE ANYTHING!!!!
  • Cy Flu shot on Sat, Stiff Neck on Sun, Rash on Tuesday evening.... went to school today

Need Prayer? Click Here!