October 5, 2010

September's Craftin' Fun Day

(My Hawaii Crafty Girlfriends....Missing: Irene & Gina)

Ahoy!! Since signing up with Stampin' Up!, I have opened my Glama Gurlz monthly gathering to other crafting sisters here in the state. (Email me @ littlecs7@gmail.com if you would like to be included in the monthly emails to when the next month's gathering is going to be). Not many could make it that day, because there was a Scrapper's Jam going on. But those who was able to join us, what fun and lots of laughter we had together. I love these bunch of ladies, they are just a blast to be around with. I did have projects for them to create, and it was an option for them to do, also an option for them to bring their Cricut Machines or Laptops - for digital scrapbooking. They all mostly came to hang out and fellowship with one another, and even that is good enough. Just taking a break from everything, and hanging out talking stories may be just the escape that some of us need, KWIM??

On to the card projects... the 1st card, I used my Cricut machine, and Create a Critter cartridge for the dino and sentiment. Makes for an adorable card for any occasion for a boy. The DSP is from 3 Bugs. Black and Blue cardstock are both Stampin' Up!

This Kimono card was also cut on my Cricut. I used the Pagoda cartridge for this one, and actually created a card. I will probably have this as a freebie this coming Friday, so stay tuned!!! The washi paper, I got from WalMart. I've had a stack of them, and never got around using them. So I was so glad that I was able to use them on this project. Very cute for Girls' Day...I'm gonna try and make some in RED - will be so vibrant and pretty, right???

This next card, I used the Stampin' Up! ice cream set called, "Sweet Scoops". I think that set was only available in the previous mini catalog. It's soooo cute and fun to use. My lil' Cy Cy loves putting the ice cream on top of the cone, and making a "pile high" cone. Too Cute!! I love all the different variations that this set can create. But I especially love how yummy one cone looks. Reminds me of Dairy Queen's chocolate dipped ice cream! Oh yummy... I want one now, just thinking about it. The DSP is also from SU!, called "Sunny Garden", cardstocks are White - from WalMart, and Coral Cameo from SU!. The ribbon is also from SU!.... these are all stashes of SU! supplies I've had from my 1st Demonstratorship. I used a Spellbinder Scallop Rectangle to cut out the frame for the ice cream, and added some fine glitter to the ice cream. The sentiment is a part of this set, however, I took my SU! marker, and colored only the "Sweet Celebration" part of the sentiment, and used only that to make my card. ;o)

This next card is my favorite of the kit. I cut out an owl from the "Create a Critter" cartridge, and the branch, I created on my Design Studio, using leaves and a branch from another cartridge. The sentiment is a digital sentiment from Stampin' Up!'s "My Digital Studio" program. Just print, and cut out. I can't decide which is better, digitally or rubber stamping, although I am finding it much easier to do things digitally, only because I don't have to take out all the ink, and markers, etc., etc., but I still love stamping. The DSP is the pretty paper from Stampin' Up! called "Play Date". There is also a "Play Date" digital version available. For those of you that don't want to purchase the MDS program, but want to use the features, you can still purchase the elements, and use them on your Digital programs, such as Photo Shop Element or Photo Shop Adobe. Let me know if you need help, I can help you out and let you know how to use it. If you are wondering about where those cute wiggly eyes with the lashes came from, well I got them from my SIL. She brought them back from WA, which means that they were probably from a Michael's or Joann's. We did a search for it online (thanks, Rina!), and found that Oriental Trading Company sells them in bulk too. Cute, huh??

The next project is a bag, with this huge flower on it. I got the idea from Stampin' Up!'s catalog, and saw how pretty these flowers were stacked on top of each other, I just couldn't resists trying to make them for the kit. The purse is a cut that I created on my Cricut using the Design Studio. Cut is not yet available for purchase, but will soon be!!

I ran each flower through the Big Shot, using the Swirl embossing folder to create the embossing, and then rubbing my white craft ink pad over the embossed flowers. The giant jewel is from WalMart. The flower cut is from the cartridge "Sweet Treats". I love that cartridge. It's got soooo many yummy treats on there.

The DSP is from Stampin' Up!, from that same DSP set, called "Sunny Garden". The cardstock is Coral Cameo or Cameo Coral - something like that.

There is one more card that completes the kit, but I can't seem to find the picture of it.

Now if you would like to get your hands on these projects, and create them yourself, you're in luck.... I have 3 kits left. If anyone would like to purchase a kit, I am selling them for $15 USD + $2 Shipping. You can email me @ littlecs7@gmail.com, and I will send you an invoice for this kit if you like.

Below is a slide of the pictures taken of us. Not too much pics, but the memories are there. Have a blessed day in the Lord and may you be blessed the rest of this week!

What's on Tomorrow: Pics of the "Cake" I made a couple of weeks ago....

Hugs,
Jen











Stuffs About Today:
  • Cath n' I walked 3.12 miles today, in 1hr 5mins... it was hot, and lots of barking dogs along the way.
  • I'm have been feeling a little whoozy since early evening yesterday. I wonder if it is because I started back on my BCPs. Ugh!

Need Prayer? Click Here!