October 23, 2010

Happy 5th Birthday, Kael!


Happy Saturday, Friends! Today, we celebrated my girlfriend's son, Kael's (pronounced Ka-El) 5th birthday. It was at the park. They rented a huge bouncer, with Nemo's image on it, which Cy enjoyed bouncing in for a good amount of time during the party. The weather was just right... not too hot, and a little bit of a breeze would come by every now and then. I even got into the bouncer for a lil' bit. The party was mostly under a tree, so for most part, it was pretty cool.

This is the card I made for him this morning. Yes, I was a little last minute, as usual. I still went a little overboard on the creating, even tho' I was last minute. I'm sorry, I couldn't stop at just the image, and a bit o' layering, I had to go and add the dew drops and ribbon, and sticklez to make the card "me". I like the plain and simple cards, but since I have all these embellishments, I have to make an effort to use them. Which by the way, this stamp is the 1st time I've used it. I've been buying and buying, and have a bin full of NEW stuffs that I haven't even used, and when I was looking for an image to create for Kael, I came across this one. I know that he loves fishing, so it was a go! My girlfriend, Wini gave me a bunch of chipboard, so I thought that it would go perfect on this card. The chipboard I colored with SU!'s Brilliant Blue ink. To color the chipboard, I used a sponge dauber, dabbed it into the ink pad, and then unto the chipboard. Continuously did this until the chipboard was colored entirely. I saw this idea from reading one of the SU!'s demonstrator's magazine, "Stampin' Success". Well, I am sure I would've figured it out if I really put my mind to it, but it came to mind as soon as I thought of using the chipboard. So I'm glad I read that issue. Ha! Ha!! While creating the card, I added the sticklez to the image, and realized that I wanted MORE glitter, then I decided to sticklize the entire #5 chipboard. That's why in the photo, you see the 5 already on the card when I am adding the sticklez. I embossed a piece of orange CS, with the "Happy Birthday" CB embossing folder, then rubbed a white ink pad over the embossing, so that the embossed images would stand out. I cut the image and layer using Spellbinder's Nestie Circle. The image I believe is a Penny Johnson image. Sorry if I am wrong. I know you can get it from Stampavie. The image is colored with Copic Markers. Embellishments are stitched brown ribbon, and dew drops (blue n' brown).

All in all, the day was fun, the fellowship with my fellow Christian Brothers and Sisters was so relaxing, and I didn't bring my iPad, for fear that I would be focusing on THAT. Cy is all pooped and taking a "nap". He might even sleep through the night, and if he does, then YAY! Hopefully that'll help him feel better (the vog is in town again, and causing some allergies to arise in the Young's household.... grrrrrr....). But Praise God for a wonderful, special day, celebrating His child, Kael. I hope your having a great weekend!

Blessings n' Hugs,
Jen

Stuffs About Today:
  • Kael's 5th Birthday Party @ Neal Blaisedell park.
  • My gf and her family called to tell us they will be joining us for service tomorrow... PRAISE GOD!! Thank You, Lord... for the continued work within their hearts.
  • Spoke with Nash, She needs MORE Birthday cards.
  • Sierra needs a digi Thank You card created.
  • Still have NOT started on making projects for my Nov. 13th craft fair.... maybe tonight? No, Colleen... I didn't get to stay up til' 3 am the night before. Boo Hoo!!
  • Received an adorable treat from my gf Michelle the other day. Will post this soon!

Need Prayer? Click Here!