October 21, 2010

Guy Card with Dustin Pike's Image


Hey All... Happy Thursday! What a gloomy day it looks like it's going to be. But we just have to make the best of it, right? Actually, I love gloomy days outside. I love the rain, I love to drive in the rain... the weather isn't THAT freezin' like it is on the mainland, where it rains, and it's terribly cold. It's just NICE and cool when it rains here. The aftermath sucks tho', because it gets all humid and stuff. So, Thank The Lord for AC!!!

Today's project was created for a Brother in Christ, whose birthday was last week. So hard to make guy cards, but with Dustin Pike's images, I have a huge selection to choose from. I LOVE his work. Cute, Cute, CUTE!!! Just the kinda images I like the guy stuffs to be. Of course we can't make the card look TOO cute, because then it doesn't go by the receiver as well, huh? I have to make another card for my Pastor whose birthday is tomorrow. So I'll have to dive into Dustin's images again, and see which one I'll use for that one.

Anyways, on this card I used one of the bear images that Dustin had. It looks like one of those pics of us ladies in the tub, but a big teddy instead. The guy I made this card for is one big teddy bear, too! His present from me is a Starbucks GC, because he LOVES Starbucks!! Which I put on the inside, simply but creating a little pocket, by cutting a piece of white cardstock, and then using an oval punch (ret from Stampin' Up!), and then I used a pen to add some lines n' dots to the bordering edges. The sentiment is also a Stampin' Up! stamp, which is a Hostess Level set, that could be EARNED for FREE!! Email me for details, or visit my Stampin' Up! site here. The button on the front (striped) is from WalMart, so big and pretty, huh? Don't tell him that... hahaha... the sentiment on the front of the card is from The Greeting Farm, and it came from a set that Ali gave me. I used clear sticklez for the bubbles and light blue sticklez for the water. Copic markers to color my image. Spellbinder Nesties to cut out the image, and scallop layer, and decorative scissors to cut out the scallop around my sentiment. The sentiment was punched out with the Word Window punch from Stampin' Up!.

This past Tuesday, my family and I went to visit my grand-niece, Kyrie. She just slept the whole time we were there. Sierra said that she keeps sleeping. But I had to remind Sierra (and myself), that we'd be super tired too if we had to go through all that a day before. What a blessing. Cyrus really loved seeing his cousin, and the best part was that daddy helped him to hold her in his arms. It was so cute. He held her there for a good 15 mins! I couldn't believe how STILL he was and how STILL he could be. It was the sweetest and more precious thing to watch. Kyrie went home yesterday. I wanna go and see her today, but today my lil' one has the sniffles. Not sure if it is just allergies, or that he is coming down with something. So I put him on some allergy meds, and will find out later.

Oh, I have 2 Craft Fairs coming up that I will be selling my stuffs at. I will try and put out the left over inventory from my Little C's store, if not, more of the items will be handmade. Going to try it out and see how it works for me. But I will post later with where and the dates of these craft fairs, so that the locals can come by and say "HI".

Have a blessed day in the Lord!

Big Hugs,
Jen



Need Prayer? Click Here!