October 14, 2010

FINALLY a project created by ME - and - New Additions to the Young's Household....

Happy Aloha Thursday!! Well, finally, I've had a chance to get my craft table a little messy. It felt GOOD!!! Yesterday, I survived my Root Canal on tooth #19. While in there, Dr also found that there was a tiny cavity starting on tooth #20. Gee Whiz... I feel like I live at the dentist office. I have been there at least over 5 times already, within a 6 month period. Not all because of cavities, but issues with my gum having abscesses, and in both places where I've put in crowns. One of my royally crowned Molar tooth was already pulled 7 weeks ago. Since then, I have been sick, another abscess popped up on the other side of my mouth. Thinking that it would go away, I just left it. Well, 7 weeks later, still coughing and hacking, my internal medicine doctor tells me to go see my dentist again, because he needs to treat me for the abscess, and that it may be prohibiting me from getting better.

So, last week, I went in, they checked my abscess, and doc says I need to come back for a root canal. And that's what I did TODAY. I posted on Facebook right before I went into the chair, requesting for prayers, for a steady hand doctor, and for quick healing, and to calm my heart. Praise God, because the prayers truly worked. After the procedure, I was numb, but I was still able to eat. After the numbing wore off, my jaw was sensitive, but not painful. Thank You, Lord! See.... no deed is TOO SMALL or TOO BIG for Our God!! Just lift it up to HIM!!!

Next week, I need to go back for them to do a permanent cover on my tooth that they worked on today, as well as take care of the cavity on tooth #20. I want to make my doctor and his assistants a couple of goodies, but do you think candy is appropriate to give a dentist and his staff? LOL... please help me think about this, is there anyone with suggestions that they might wanna offer me? Everything so yummy could be "not wanted" in that office, huh? LOL...

Anyways, on to my card. I think I've been talking WAY too much in this post. This card was created using Stampin' Up! Cupcake stamp set. DSP and cardstocks are also from Stampin' Up!. Ribbon and embossing folder are from my personal stash. I created this card for my SIL in WA, who celebrated her birthday in September.

BTW - I signed up for a Stampin' Up! website, so if you would like to order SU! products you can do so my clicking here. Be sure that my name "Jen Young" is at the top right hand corner of the page prior to shopping. I also created a Stampin' Up! to document my journey into Stampin' Up!-ville. If you would like to follow along, click here.

And NOW.....

Here are the 2 new additions to our family... meet fighter fishes, Lilo & Stitch:

Have a Blessed Thursday, Friends!

God Bless.... Hugs, Jen

Stuffs About Today:

Need Prayer? Click Here!