August 15, 2010

A Visit from Colleen of Created with Aloha

**2nd posting of today, be sure to scroll down to check out some of the RAKs sent to me by my talented crafty friends....**

Colleen of Created With Aloha, a blog reader of mines, who quickly turned into a sweet friend has visited Oahu, and met up with me, Rina and Michelle. We spent 1 day together, eating local foods, shopping craft stores, and shopping for Hawaiian bracelets. Colleen has ties to the state, her parents were born here, but she was raised in Cali. So it isn't surprise that her heart longs for Hawaii. She along with her family came for a visit and stayed for about 7 days on Oahu, then traveled to Maui for a couple of days there. She and her hubby were visiting every year, until their kids were born. Now, it's only when they can. On this trip, Colleen was kind enough to want to meet up with us, spend her day with us, even though we've never met before. We all clicked as though we all knew each other, and what a blessing it was to meet with her. She has such a huge heart and something of innocence about her. Well, here are the pictures that were taken that day.... alright, bear with me and all the pics I have to share...

We 1st started off at Rainbow's Drive Inn... I picked up Colleen @ 8:30 that morning, she was staying in Waikiki. By the time we got her, my Cy was yummy for some food. Rainbow's Drive Inn was the 1st place we thought of, it was also the very 1st time I've ever eaten there myself! We took a picture of the keikis that came along that day... the eldest, my niece, Jess took a lot of our pictures when we needed (Thanks, Babe!!!).


This was our very 1st picture with Colleen...

After taking the above picture, we thought we'd give Colleen a taste of the "aloha style" picture and lessen that gap between us.... had her sit on my lap, and Michelle n' Rina came in as well... LOL!! Colleen was like, "R U SERIOUS?!?!?!"... I said, "Of course I'm serious, what do you think? I'm kidding? Sit on my lap and quit taking up time!!!"... LOL!!! She wasn't that heavy. =0}


Then my bestie n' I took a shot of ourselves... we hardly ever get to do fun things like this, so when we do, we like to make the best of it...


Our first stop was to visit our friend ManLe, owner of Pineapple Cove. ManLe was so happy to have us visit. On top of that, Colleen was her partner for last month's Aloha Fun RAK, so ManLe was able to give Colleen her RAK in person!!! What fun!!!


Our next stop was to Brian's of Photo Craft. Sorry Colleen, you were busy checking out the store so Rina n' I took it upon ourselves to get a picture with Brian for you. =0}


While @ Brian's store, we stole a shot of our crazy selves again....


We then cornered Colleen and surprised her with a little "aloha kiss" on both cheeks. Coleen was like, "is this OK??"... LOL!!! She's such a trooper to have fun with us!!

We then headed to Cliff a fellow Brother in Christ and owner of J's Knicknacks, and handed our money over to him {{cannot help - he's got such awesome deals!!}}.


We then headed to Pearl Ridge Mall, where Colleen would purchase a Hawaiian bracelet, that she would NEVER forget why she got it... hee heee.... but while there at Pearl Ridge, we stopped by and visited the Hello Kitty Cafe, where they sell small Hellp Kitty Delicious Confections - I wouldn't know, they just LOOK good....



This is the last and final shot of us "Stampin' Travelers of Oahu" together with visitor, Colleen! LOL... so if ever you're in town, and would like to meet up with us, Michelle, Rina n' I would love to show you around....

To end the day, a photo of our kids, Cy n' Mara:

Thanks for visiting, Colleen!! We hope you had a lot of fun and these memories with you will be cherished forever!! Come back anytime...

oh - here is a picture of chickens we saw roaming in our backyard today - sorry, only caught a back shot:



Stuffs About Today:
  • I didn't go to Sunday Services today - BOO HOO!!! Still coughing, and didn't want to spread my germs.
  • Cy n' I slept in, had toast n' peanut butter for breakfast, last breakfast, but sooo satisfying!
  • We had Korean for lunch...
  • Just heard that Jin of "Lost" is living in Hawaii, and is going to be in the show "Hawaii 5-0"
  • Saw chickens in our backyard!
  • Ironing CY3's Aloha Shirts....

Need Prayer? Click Here!