August 19, 2010

Pieces of Me: Episode 2 - A Card for Tiddly Inks

Howdy gang!! Have you heard of Tiddly Ink's? I have always been on a lookout for CUTE digi images, and came across several companies that have cute images, but sometimes, they are redundant. I like to see different types of CUTE, and Tiddly Ink's has satisfied that need in me. I recently purchased a bunch of Tiddly Ink's digital images... oh gosh, SOO CUTE!!! I fell in love with them when I first saw them on Joy's blog, and have been promising to purchase a few. But I keep forgetting to get over there and make the purchase. Well, last weekend, I finally peeked into Tiddly Ink's blog and found that the illustrator, Christy Croll was looking for another card to be the card front of her online store. I immediately went to shop on her online store, and gosh, I spent some bucks, BUT, I was soooo thrilled that I got so much images, and on top of that I scored on her current sale going on, which is 20% off $15+. What a deal!! I've always said that digi is SO the way to Go! I love it. Just download and print, right there in my inky hands in less than 2 minutes after I make the purchase. Then I can create with them immediately.

That is exactly what I did with one of the images. I wanted to work on a card that could possibly be the chosen card that Christy chooses for her store front. That would be awesome, wouldn't it? I did a video to show how I created this card, and you can watch it below. Anyways, I submitted the card to Christy, and sent her an exclusive preview of my video... yeeeee!!!! Christy contacted me and asked me if she could feature my video on the Tiddly Ink's Challenge blog TODAY!! Of course, I was all for it... who wouldn't be?? I'm honored that Christy has asked me to use my video. She is such an awesome artist, and her company is off to a great start. I'm thrilled for her, and just all tickled that she asked to use my video. Hee hee heee.... AWESOME!! Thank You, Lord!!!



So here is the card I submitted. Isn't the image SOOOO darling??!?!?! I colored her with my copics sketch markers. I cut the Scallop Circle on my Cricut, and cut the circle based card on my Cricut as well. I designed a lil' briefcase with 2 shapes from the George cart, and thought it would be perfect for this card. Watch the video and see all the steps I took to create this project. It was fun coloring the image, and I look forward in coloring MORE!!! Thanks again, Christy!!

For those of you that receive this post via a reader, and doesn't see the video, either scroll down to the bottom of your email (gmail users), and click on the "download video" link. Otherwise, click here and you will be taken to where you can view the video online. The video has music, so turn your speakers down if you are watching in the wee hours of the night. I sped up the video to reduce time... because I know you need to get back to creating!! Enjoy and God Bless!!!




Question of the day: What color are you currently absolutely in love with?
My Answer: I am luvin' the red that I used on this image... it's so bright and "happy".

Stuffs About Today:

Need Prayer? Click Here!