August 13, 2010

Freebie Friday: Lenny the Lion from Digital Delights & A Bible Scripture Sentiment

Good Morning!! It's Freebie Friday!! I have 2 Freebies for you today... the image below, which is from Digital Delights, you can snag it from the Digital Delights site, and a Freebie from me, a Bible Scripture Sentiment, which I've used on my project today. It reads, "Be still before the LORD, and wait patiently for Him"~ Psalm 37:7. If you do decide on creating with this image, be sure to enter your creation in Digital Delight's Digi Day Challenge at their SNR group. You could win a $10 gift certificate to their store. Challenge is open until midnight Wednesday.

Pick lenny up here

Well, I have had a rough week this week. The ending of last week, I caught a cold, together with my lil' one. But with the pulling of my molar last week, I think I got hit worse with the cold, because my immune system was lower than his. Anyways, in one swift moment, I was flat on my back - sore throat, coughing, sneezing, snorting, stuffy, ugh, headaches n' pain, especially in the head, jaw, mouth! Oh gosh!! But thank heavens, I survived. Today, I finally felt good enough to color and create for today's theme - Freebie Friday. I really enjoyed creating this project, because as I created this project, my Cy-Cy sat next to me watching "Curious George 2" on my computer. It was nice to have his company next to me while I worked on my card. I really like how this card turned out. The sentiment was so perfect as well. I am planning on making a bunch of projects to donate to my church for them to sell at the store. All proceeds will go towards any ministry that they'd feel fit. So I will be creating with a lot more scriptures for sentiments in my upcoming projects. Can't wait, I have been wanting to do this for a very long time now, but have always been putting it off. I think that I just have to go for it, and it'll find it's way into my schedule, right??

For my project, I colored the image with Copic Markers. I also colored another image of Lenny the Lion, just of his mouth section, and then cut it out, placing it right on top of the section of another image of him, and using foam tape to cause a dimensional look on the card. I took pictures from several angles, so that hopefully you could see what I mean by adding dimension to the card. Flowers I used are from All Natural Accents, which is still sold @ Little C's. I have a bunch, so please check it out and help me get rid of my stock of flowers!! I embossed the cardstock, and used decorative scissors to cut the edges of the layers I wanted to cut. Ribbon is recycled, and so pretty!! Thank you Wendy for blessing us with this adorable image. It's oh-soooo-very-cute!!!


Download Psalm 37:7 Sentiment Here


Well, hope you have a wonderful n' blessed weekend... thanks for stopping by n' peeking in!

Hugs, Jen


Stuffs About Today:

Need Prayer? Click Here!