July 19, 2010

From "Da Bin": Peek-a-Boo Card: DS and GYPSY Cut File...

When I receive RAK's I place them in a container which I call, "Da Bin". With these wonderful creations from my talented and crafty friends and readers out there, I thought that CASING a RAK that I've receive would be a fun challenge for me. I hope to CASE at least 1 RAK per week. So thank YOU to those that have sent me RAK's along the way. This should be fun!!

Today, I am CASING a card that I've received from Eunice of A Star For Cheimi. This is a peek a boo card which she sent me awhile ago. When you first look at the card while closed, there is an image shown, and when you open it, another image or message is revealed {{within the circle on this card}} .

I used my design studio program and Cricut machine to make this card. I used the George cart for this project, and I have cut files available in DS and GYPSY format. For those of you that own a Cricut and can cut this on your machine, I will put together a little tutorial to show you how to put this card together. It's pretty simple and FUN at that. Thank You Eunice for such a sweet RAK and inspiration to create it!!!

On this card, I pretty much used a bunch of rub on images, such as the owl, the flower, and the butterfly. The sentiment and frame around sentiment is from Stampin' Up!'s My Digital Studio program. The DS is from 3 Bugs in a Rug, and the Deer die cut is from the Create-a-Critter cartridge. I love this cartridge. It's soooo adorably C-U-T-E!!!! I was demonstrating to my fellow Glama Gurl Sister, Vina how cute this cartridge was this past weekend, and this is the image that I cut to show her. I took my white pen and added some features that I thought should be white on a dear... I think she turned out pretty cute n' sweet. I tied a lil' pink ribbon around her neck, and she was now adorable!! =0) I liked her when she was first cut out, but I like her even better with the white pen coloring... love that cart, I can see a lot more creations coming out of that one!!


Well, I hope you have a great start of the week. May the Lord bless you throughout it.

Aloha,

Jen

Update: Here is the link to the tutorial on putting this card together! Enjoy!!


Stuffs About Today:
  • Quiet Morning - I was able to work on this project this morning.
  • Took CY4 to the dentist for his 6 mo check up - YAY! No new cavities!
  • I went to the dentist, because I had a tooth abscess return after just 1 month! Grrrr!!! Looked online for home remedy of tooth abscess, and am doing the tea bag
  • Ate no breakfast, McD's for lunch {{yuck!}}, and breakfast food for dinner {{eggs n' sausages}}.... yummm!! {{Cy opt for Fish, Rice n' Soup}}
  • Looking for CY3's iTouch, looked behind the bed and under the sofa - found CY4's DSi and Cy's DS instead. Will continue the search tomorrow.
  • Movie of the night: Raising Helen
  • Saw for the very 1st time on Food Network the NEW Mn'M's Pretzel candy... LOL!!!

Need Prayer? Click Here!