July 16, 2010

Featured Cricut Cartridge: George


Well Hello There!! Yesterday was my "Featured Cricut Cartridge Day", which I missed out on, because I was out n' about doing stuffs with my kids. So I'm posting this today... I used the random number generator on Random.Org to help me decide which cartridge I would be featuring. The # selected was #20, and #20 on my Cartridge list is "George". So off to my craft table I went to play with this cartridge. While there are many things to create using George together with the Design Studio program, I wanted to feature items that I can make manually, for those that don't have the Design Studio program "just yet". SO here's what I got...

I am working on my Grandma's birthday stuffs, and one of the projects is a box for her birthday cards. So I took my camera box that I had lying around for several years (lol! I don't like throwing boxes away, unless I really know that I don't need them, and found this box in my closet, while clearing it out). Well, I dressed up the box, first with a layer of black cardstock, and then DSP from 3 Bugs in A Rug. I cut the sentiment "Birthday Blessings" on my Cricut, using the George cartridge. 1st using the base cut, and then using the shadow cut to make the black layer. The flowers are also from George. But I used Tim Holtz' Grunge Flower technique to make these 3D flowers. I've also did a step-by-step picture tutorial to share. I've seen sooo many tutorials on making this pretty flower, but was 1st introduced to it by my girlfriend, Ali. When she n' I were messing around making paper flowers - so much fun!!

Here is the top of the box, the opening is where the cards can be slipped in. I really like te pretty black n' red color combo that I've used. I sprayed them with White/Crystal Smooch spray. Which I purchased from Photo Craft. They have an array of Smooch sprays along with other crafty goodies there, so if you live on Oahu, or visiting, be sure to check it out.


Close up of the paper flowers...


Click here to go to the tutorial for these flowers
.....

Well I hope you have a splendid weekend. I've got my Glama Gurlz coming over tomorrow, so I'm excited for that. Be Blessed and Smile, because Jesus Loves You!!!

God Bless...
Jen

PS>>> Just wanted to thank those that have submitted prayer requests. It is such a blessing to be able to pray to God on you and your family's behalf.

Need Prayer? Click Here!