May 31, 2010

Maria's 30 Minute Scrap Pile Challenge

Aloha! Thank you for stopping by! Hope you are having a blessed Memorial Day today. First of all, I just want to Thank All Soldiers and Families of these Soldiers who have lost their lives serving our Country. We SALUTE YOU!!! Also to the Soldiers of the past and present, as well as their families, who live or lived their lives daily to protect our freedom. I pray that the Lord bless you, keep you in His arms, and provide a hedge of protection over each of you, and everyone of your family members. I pray that you continue to have the courage and strength, through Him, and that you are healthy and prosper with perseverance through your service. I Thank the Lord for You, and Your family, and I pray that your family is comforted through Him, while you are away. In all these things I pray, in Jesus' Precious Name... Amen!!! Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Lord, for these brave Men and Women.

Today I decided to try one of Maria's Challenges that she has going on at her blog. Maria is a Little C's Diva, and she has sooo much great ideas, I just love checking her stuff out. Plus, she's one of my dearest blogging sisters, so that helps. =0) Anyways, the challenge that I am trying out is Maria's Scrap Pile Challenge. Usually it is a challenge to use your scrap pile. I should try this challenge more than often, because I have such a scrap pile to tackle, that I really need to start lessening it. This week's challenge tho' has a little twist to it, you have to create your project within 30 mins. I was up for the challenge!!!

The object of the challenge to create with whatever items you have that are in your scrap pile, and also NOT to open any new boxes of embellishments. I had a image that was colored way back when, so that cut my time down, tremendously. The image is from Digital Delights. I was on their DT once, so I have a bunch of images that I acquired during that time. I colored it with Copic Sketch Markers. The DSP's were from my scrap pile, and that piece of DSP with the punched edge was already punched. The the pretty blue cardstock was also in my scrap pile, I think it's from SU!. My buttons are combined in a tin can, so I took them from there. The ribbon is a scrap ribbon, that I had a piece of stuffed in the "small kine ribbon" container. The Scallop Circle and Circle are Spellbinders, and I used Crystal Effects on the confetti, to add some shimmer.

That was a fun challenge, Maria, thank you for posting it! I hope I am able to join you more now.

Thank you again for stopping by! Have a blessed day in the Lord, and a wonderful week to come....

God Bless!!

Jen