May 20, 2010

Cy's Diorama Project


Good Morning Thursday!! The week is almost over, and the day is just beginning. CY4's 1st day of Summer begins TODAY!!! Yay!!! Yay for me, that I don't have to drive so far in traffic everyday in the afternoons. Looking forward in some bonding with my sons this Summer. Can't wait!! Here's a little update on what's going on in our household. Right now, I've got a toothache, which my Dr. won't be able to see me til' next week Tuesday, so I'm hanging tight, and praying that the Lord just softens the pain daily, if not take it away in it's entirety. He's been faithful, and truly, I haven't been in too much pain. My jaw opening is now at 38mm (when I first went into the TMJ Dr., it was at 25mm), so HUGE improvement. He said the norm is 45mm. So I'm almost there. This will help me greatly when I go to the Dentist on Tuesday. Cy n' I are just getting over yet, another cold. CY4 went to the movies on the last day of school (it was their field trip), and they watched "Iron Man 2". Bummerz, because my hubby n' I wanna watch that show so bad, I think it's time for Date Night!!!

The Little C's sale has been moving along greatly, and the abundance of orders has just been such a blessing. Thank You all for your support and continued advertisement on this on going sale. I also started a section called "Grab Bags". In that section you can purchase a bundle of stamps at a low price. The grab bags are NOT part of the sale (40% disc), being that they are already priced at a lower amount. It's a pretty good deal! You should check it out.. like you could get a bunch of stamps say worth $6 each, together with a Cuttlebug Folder and something else, all for just $20!! So far, I've only got 4 Grab Bags posted, but I plan to make more as the weeks go by. I also will be creating a section called "Garage Sale". In this section, I will have new or slightly used stamps for a cheap, cheap price. Like Stampin' Up! sets for just $5! So stay tuned, and if you don't want to miss out on when I get it up n' going, be sure to subscribe to my blog so that you will be aware of it.

Alright... time to get to today's project! This is a project that my Cy (5 yr old) created for Kindergarten. It's a book report, made into a Diorama. Yes, I helped him create it. I cut n' he pasted them where ever he wanted them to be standing. His book was about a mouse who was celebrating her birthday. I purchased the mouse from Country Clipart from Trina Clark n' Friends. There are soooo many cute n' adorable images on that site. The best part, is that I got it for just $1!! It was a set of 6 different images. It's super cute, and I'm sure I'll be able to use it in the future again. These images are close up of each of the sections. We used a medium sized Nike shoe box. I cut the "Happy Birthday" on my Cricut using Lyrical Letters cart. The carpet was cut on the Spellbinder. The table I hand made, simple measurements n' scoring. The darling lil' gift bags I purchased a while back... it came in a set of 12 of different colored gift bags, cute mini gift bags. The cake n' balloon were free digi images from the net. I drew in the ribbon for the balloons, the window we just cut n' created.

Cy had such a great time creating this project with me. I know it may look like it was all done by me, but let me tell ya, he did have some input on it. I just made sure that he didn't put too much glue, and that he placed them down so that they weren't tilting. The class later invited the 5th & 6th graders to check out all the Diorama projects the K's made. They just loved all that the K's had to offer. It was pretty neat to see all the different forms of Dioramas. Cy really enjoyed this project!!

Ok, don't know if you already know, I have a fun game going on today, called "Truth or Dare", it's the post right before this one. So scroll down, and check it out. I have a great Pink Cat Studio stamp set to give away to 1 random picked winner. Have Fun, Have an AWESOME day in our Lord, Jesus Christ!!!

Much Hugs n' Aloha,

Jen