April 28, 2010

A Sketch Challenge fr Card Scraps, and Pics From This Weekend....


Good Morning Friends!! I'm so glad that everyone is loving this week's challenge. I can't wait to see all creations those that decide to play along, and what color they choose to use together with black. Well, because yesterday was my challenge post day, I didn't get to talk stories with you all. I miss those days, when I don't have it. Like Sundays, when I don't post, and then Tuesdays I post the challenge, oh my, I get withdrawals. LOL!!!

I started walking again, yesterday. I walked from home to my son's school, served lunched, then walked back home. It was a HOT HOT day!!! But, during my walk, I had a one-on-one chit chat with Jesus, and He help me to endure the heat. I just talked with Him the whole way through, told Him my thoughts, and things that weighed heavy on my heart, and Thanked Him for such beautiful flowers, and creatures that surrounded me along the way. Before I knew it, I was home and it didn't even take that long! Please pray for me, that I continue to walk to a healthier me. I want to really get rid of the lil' tummy pouch that I have been lugging around for the past 10+ years. LOL!!! If it happens, it is all the Lord, and I know if He wants that for me, He will make it happen. Thanks for your prayers!!!

This weekend, my hubs was off of work. We took the boys to Ko'Olina, which is a man-made beach made for the visitors of the hotels of Ko'Olina. They have 4 man-made lagoons out on the west coast of Oahu, and what a beautiful place it is. The boys love playing at the lagoons, because it isn't as crowded as Waikiki, or Ala Moana, plus it is a lot cleaner!!! After the lagoons, we headed to eat at Sushi Ten, well, actually we picked up food, and ate the onolicious food at home because the boys didn't bring extra clothes to change.

Later that evening, we took the boys to the driving range, and hit some golf balls. All 3 boys were having a blast. It was soooo fun to watch them. I took my Copic markers and images to color. Although the lighting wasn't so great, I was still able to get a bunch of images done. Towards the ending of our stay, I asked if I could hit a couple of balls. To my surprise, I was pretty good at it! =0> I had a great time with my guys, and what a fun filled day it turned out to be. Sorry for the blurry pics, they were taken with my hubby's cell phone.

Ok, nuf "vala-auing", I better get on sharing my project with ya. Sorry, I talk too much, ya? LOL... ok, this creation here was made for this sketch challenge. I saw it on Allison's website, and thought I'd try it out.


For my project, I colored with my Copic Markers, DSP is DCWV, Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, and I added a Scallop Circle Punch for the sentiment - that might get me disqualified!!! Image is from KLM Designs.

Alright, thanks for popping in, and I hope you are having a blessed day today!!!

Aloha,

Jen