April 2, 2010

My TGF Project for NEW Release - Part 2

**SIGH** This morning was kinda crazy! Last night my hubby n' I were asked out on a date by our Pastor n' his wife and a couple of their friends. We had a great time getting to know each other, eating up and talking stories at Buca di Beppo. My boys stayed with my mom, and it turned out to be a long night. We didn't get home til' after 11 pm. By the time we all unwind, it was 12:25 am!! I wanted to create for part 2 of Little C's TGF NEW RELEASE, but I was so pooped!! All that food, oh gosh, that didn't help either!!! I got up this morning, it was already 8:30 am, it's a good thing the boys didn't have school, but too bad for my hubbs, he had to go in and work a regular day!! I can imagine if he is dragging, because I am, but I'm at HOME!!!! After this post, I'm going to get a pot of coffee started. To top it off, we forgot to take our garbage bin to the side of the road for trash pick up, and now our trash is going to stink up for another week!!!

So, this morning, I worked on this project, and I made it for my sister, Jackie, because we celebrated her birthday yesterday, April 1st. I know today is Friday, and I usually have my "Freebie Fridays", but I'll do a "Freebie" tomorrow instead, ok? I had to get this done for today's part 2 release, so don't want to take away and add a Freebie Friday thingy.

I thought I'd make this adorable frame thingy for my sister. Do you GameFly?! Our family participates in GameFly, where we rent games and try them out for as long as we like, and then exchange for new ones when we are ready for a new game to try out. Anyways, when they arrive, they arrive in this protective cardboard sleeve thingy, so that DVD's or CD's don't crack during transportation between the warehouse to our mailbox. Sometimes we forget to mail these sleeves back, and instead of trashing them, I figure I try and do something creative with them. As shown in the 1st 2 pics, the sleeve that comes with the GameFly game that we rented. Then I decorated using Scallop Square cutouts, which I cut on my Cricut X. The cartridge used was Mini Monogram. DS Paper is DCWV. The image I used on the cover is a Greeting Farm image, which I used this creation for the 2nd Part of the NEW RELEASE Prize Giveaway. Be sure to check out Part 1 of the Release n' Giveaway (and the all of the creations done by the Little C's Divas), as well as Part 2, for 2 chances at winning some goodies! I'm not going to tell you what kinda goodies we're giving away, you'll have to go and check it out for yourself!!! LOL....

When I was done decorating the GameFly sleeve, it turned out like this.... On the inside, I created 2 frames, using the same Scallop Squares, but cutting a square within it, then adhering acetate to the back to make a picture frame. I found a cute "Sister" quote on the net, which I really think pertains to me n' my sisters of my family. We are all special nuts that fell off the same tree, yes, indeed!!! You can see the glare off the acetate on the picture. I used a "tree" cut from "Stretch Your Imagination" Cricut cartridge, and added buttons to decorate. The sister quote reads, "Sisters we will always be.... a couple of nuts off the family tree", so I thought a tree die cut would be appropriate.

Here is a pic taken at the top angle. You can see how I've just adhered the DS Paper back to back, and the cardboard piece is smack dab in the middle, being it's core.

Back to the front cover of this project. I also decorated using All Natural Accent flowers - dark green, and then added Dew Drops to their middles. I used Nesties to cut the layer for the image. I colored with my Copics, and added Sticklez to the flowers n' yellows of her outfit to glitz it up. I used a lot of green, because it is my sister's favorite color.



Have a beautiful day today. Before I end, please read this bible verse that I have to share with you today, especially on this Good Friday....

"For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life."

~ John 3:16

>>> Yes indeed, the Lord loves each and everyone of us SOOOOO much, that He was willing to give up the life of His one n' only son! Who can do that? I can't imagine having to do that, and here God was willing to do this, so that we all could have a way into heaven and have eternal life, and that all our sins could be washed away by the blood that His son, Jesus shed during that time of crucifixion. Knowing this has humbled me, and turned my life around. I thank the Lord daily, for this! Think about it, would you be able to sacrifice the life of your child? Your ONLY child? The life of my pet alone, I know I can't ever. So reflect on the history of Christ Jesus, and what Our Father has done for you and me.... you'll quickly realize how much Love our God has indeed for every single person, and your greed, lust, pain and more will subside!

Have a Blessed Weekend!!!!

Love, Jen