April 3, 2010

Freebie Friday on a Saturday.... Box with Bracket Top a DS Cut File

Here is a Bracket covered top box that I cut on my Cricut X. I designed the box - which is really just the "Sizzix #2 Box" that I re-designed on the Cricut X. But I changed where the flap closed. So, instead of it closing at the 1" top, it now closes at the 2.5" top. I then used a bracket cut from Accent Essentials, and then adhered to the top lid, so that it would resemble this box that I saw at my girlfriend Wini's house.

I am THRILLED that I am able to recreate boxes and cuts with the Cricut, Design Studio and SCAL programs. I have been incorporating my Cricut cuts with my rubber stamping, and really trying to create with both of them together. So hope you like seeing what I come up with using my Cricut X!!

The image that I've used is a Greeting Farm image. Gosh, it sure seems like I've been creating a lot with them TGF stamps, huh? Well, they are just so cute n' fun to color, I mean, really... who can't resist?! This particular image is called Madelyn. She turned out so pretty. I cut her out, and adhere her to the box using foam tape. The sentiment was computer generated. I used the white sharpie pen to add white accent to the image, and I think I went a little over board on her hair. LOL...

Anyways, this was another fun creation to create, and I thank Ms. Wini for always sharing with me.

If you would like to download this file, you can do so, by clicking here. Or in the future you can also find it on the "DS Downloads" page which is listed under the "Quick Links". It'll be noted as "Bracket Top Box". But in essence, you could actually use any type of die cut of that size to use as the topper. Maybe in the future I will show you what I mean. =0)

Requirements: DS Program, Cricut X, George cartridge, Accent Essentials cartridge.

Enjoy!!

Hugs,

Jen