April 9, 2010

A DS Cut File - House Card


It's FREEBIE FRIDAY!! I have a DS Cut File for ya'll. I know you've all been waiting patiently for Freebie Friday to come along. Well, it is here!!! Hip-Hip Hooray!!! LOL... I've actually posted this project yesterday, together with the samples posted by the other Little C's Divas. I saw Maria's use of the Cricut, and I totally wanted to copy-cat her, and make something with my Cricut as well, but I just couldn't find anything (of course). Then my idea was to make a cute lil' house, that would be a card, that would open up like a tri-fold.

Well, my 1st couple of tries, the card didn't look quite like a "house". I was having issues with the scallop part of the roof, because it looked too oblong, and well, it wasn't flying for me. So I scratched the entire design, and started all over again. This time using just George cart to do the trick. Somehow, George always pulls through for me. Oh, which by the way, Little C's has 2 George carts available for purchase. If you are interested, you can click here to get them before they are GONE!!! This cartridge is RARE - as it is exclusively sold with a Cricut Personal Machine (smaller machines), and not sold separately. If you purchase this cart, it comes with a brand new open box (not enclosed in a plastic casing). So, just giving you a heads up. =0) Shipping is also FREE for these carts.

So I created this house card using George and the DS Program. Welding a couple of shapes together, and yay, I finally came up with something that was really cute!!! I was so tickled when I completed the card, I can't wait to make MORE!!!!

The door on the house card actualys "opens", and the windows are really windows. =0) For the sentiment, I computer generated it, and cut out with my Oval Nestie then layered it on a Scallop Oval Nestie. The image I used here is Kiki Cupcake, she's a NEW Arrival and NEW Release from CC Designs, and can be found @ Little C's. She was colored with Copic pens. I also used beads for the door knob and the cherry on the cupcake.

Well, I hope that you are having a wonderful week. The weekend is finally here... weeeee!!! I wanna make more of these house cards, so I'm gonna get going, and see what else I can come up with.

Req'd: George Cart, DS Program, Cricut X Machine

If you create with this Cut File, please share your creation - I would love to see yours!! Upload to the net, and post a link to your image using the "Add Link" button below.

Have a blessed weekend!!


**Freebie for this House Card has expired - You can purchase the House Card cut file for only $2.50! Available in .cut and .gypsy formats. Thank You!!**