April 5, 2010

Extra Large Pillow Gift Box - My Aloha RAK March

Good Morning! How was your weekend? Ours was super-duper busy!! We celebrated the death and resurrection of Christ Jesus by attending a sunrise service @ Magic Island at 6 am! My lil' one was performing in a Hula presentation of 2 dances, 1 called "Amazing Love" and the other "All Because of Your Love". It was so cute and such a blessing to watch. I hope to have a video up later this week.

After the Sunrise Service, my hubby (CY3), my eldest boy (CY4) and myself went down to the lagoon and was baptized!! What a very special day it was for all of us, indeed!! I was actually baptized when I was a month old baby... but at that time, I really had no clue what was going on! Now that I truly understand, accepted and walk with Him daily, I wanted to do the baptism, and profess my love for Him publicly. We then headed home, got ready for 2nd Service at the church, because Cy was performing again. After all that, we went to lunch @ iHop, and waited 2-1/2 hours before receiving our food. By the time it was all over, you can imagine how pooped we all were. I think all that waiting @ iHop really did it. LOL... Well, all in all, it was all worth it!!

Ok, on to my project. I saw this Pillow Box project here, created by my gf Cheryl. Cheryl used a Sizzix die cut for her project, and when I saw it, I thought, "eh, I have that cut on my Cricut cart "Wedding Solutions". So I got on my DS Program, quickly stretched out the Pillow Box found on Wedding Solutions, and cut n' decorated. I had so much fun creating it, I'm glad that I saw the project on Cheryl's blog, because I wouldn't have thought about even getting it that big. The cut on the wedding solution had a "window" on the Pillow Box, because the program now has a "hide contour" function, which allows certain pieces on a cut to NOT cut if you "hide" it, I was able to cut the entire Pillow Box out without any "windows". Love my DS program!!!

The sentiment is also a Cricut cut, from cart "Gypsy Wanderings". The image is a Magnolia, which I colored with Copics, and used Liquid Pearl for the topping the cupcake, doesn't it make it look like "real" icing? The flower die cuts are from a new cart that I just added to my collection, called "Forever Young". I ran some of them thru my Big Shot, using CB Folders to give them some embossing textures.

For my RAK receiver, I also created a matching card for her. I used the same DSP that I used on the Pillow Box, and embossed it with one of the new CB Folders I got in. It looks like the same design as what is on my LV bag, gives it such a purdy look. Sentiment is an SAB stamp that I received after placing an order with my gf Bobbie. I hope these will get to her without being smooshed!!!!

Cy is on Spring Break this week. So after washing dishes, I'm going to take him out into the garden to plant some tomatoe seeds I picked up a couple of months ago from Walmart. Have a wonderful week!!

Aloha,

Jen