March 19, 2010

Scallop Trim Border Punch Like Stampin' Up!'s Border Punch from SAB - DS Cut File


I recently received the new Stampin' Up! Sell-A-Bration catalog, and saw that there was a new punch called "Scallop Trim Border" that is available to earn during this promotion. I thought it would be fun to make it on the DS Program to cut on my Cricut. Although it isn't the same size as the punch itself (it's a little bigger), I thought the design looked pretty good and close enough.

Cartridge I used: George

I created this card for my niece, Andrea, whose birthday is coming up. The stamp is a Rachelle Ann Miller stamp, called "Birthday Monkeys". The sentiment was computer generated. The DSP is Martha Steward, and the DSP that I cut the Scallop Border on is from DCWV. I wasn't really sure where I was going with this card, but I knew I wanted to utilize my border creation in there somehow, someway. Glad I was able to, not really hard to figure that out, putting it at the bottom - I actually copied Wini's card from the previous post.

I colored the image with my Copics. It's been awhile since I've colored with these pens, so I'm kinda re-teaching myself on how to do it. I had to actually go back and look at some of my tutorials, lol... so glad that I did them. My memory is shot.

Anyways, if you wanna download the cut file, simply click on the Design Studio Downloads link located under the "Quick Links" on my sidebar, or at the top of this blog page, and it is listed under the "Border Cut Files". I had fun making this cut file, I hope I can make more border cuts like this in the near future. Hey, I guess this could be counted as a "Freebie" for my "Freebie Friday", huh?!

Have an awesome weekend....

Tah-Tah!!