February 15, 2010

Slowly Coming Out From The Covers.....


Good Morning! Can you believe that I actually have a creation to share with you today? Wow, this is a surprise, huh? Don't get all excited about me posting, I'm not sure if I'm fully back in the scene. I've spent most of the evening last night, giving my blog a face lift. I had a lot of fun, even though there were times where I forgot certain html codes. I still need to add a few tweeks, so stay tuned!!

The cards I'm posting here are cards created for my MIL and FIL. Yesterday, it was Chinese New Year. Every year, my MIL gives me n' the boys each a lycee filled with a couple of dollars to symbol "good luck" for our current year! I've always saved each lycee every year, without using the cash in it. She also brings a bunch of twigs that flowers come blooming out of, when placed in water for a few days. She believes that if the flowers bloom beautifully, you will have a successful year. I believe being that our house has AC, it helps the flowers to stay cool and blooms beautifully every year.

Anyways, all these years that she's been giving us, we've never given her any. But yesterday, CY3 decides that we should now give her and my FIL a lycee as well. "What?" is what I thought, "Why Now?". I searched throughout the house for "extra lycees" that might be lying around - are you kidding?! We ain't got no extra lycees... then it dawned on me.... I just may need to create them... ugh... I'm not in the right mind at the moment to create anything... but will I ever find these "extra lycees" around the house?... Nope, I don't think so... you can do it, Jen.... just grab some cardstock, the ATG gun, DS paper and a few... more... things... referred to as embellishments... must get to work on them NOW!!! She's coming in 20 minutes!!! ARGH!!!

Needless to say, I enjoyed creating "on the edge" just like ol' times... and they turned out pretty too. When my MIL and FIL arrived, and received my form of lycees, nothing but joyous expressions escaped their mouths.... "This is sooo cute!!!".... "You made this?!"..... It was truly a blessing to see and hear... this just might be the "push" that I needed to get back into my creative cage....

Thank you, Lord - for reminding me how my creativity can touch the hearts of others. Please give me motivation to continue to create in your glory!!

Thank you, friend for peeking in to see my latest creation!!

With Love n' Aloha,

Jen

Today's Bible Verse: Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always try to be kind to each other and to everyone else.
1 Thessalonians 5:15 (Read all of 1 Thessalonians 5)
NIV